Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Session No. 36 Bellagio 15/30 (7/25)

15/30: TP = +$425 TSP = 4 Hrs

I woke up Wednesday a bit disappointed with my trip. I was only up $500 or so, which was considerably less than my last trip. Granted I hadn't played very much so far...but that in itself was disappointing.

So I ventured over to the Bellagio and decided it was time to test myself at 15/30. The trip was almost over, my flight was leaving in roughly seven hours, so why not just play for a few hours, just to test the waters? I put my name on the waiting list and then paid close attention watching the table.

Finally my name was called after 20 minutes or so, and I took my place in the number four seat. I only bought in for one rack ($500), but had plenty of sufficient funds to reload a couple times if need be. I was going to go for it in this session: no playing scared, no holding back. If I dropped $1K, so be it, the learning expeience would be worth it.

I remember posting my BB, having it get raised and then three-bet, folding it, and then thinking, "Oh wow...this is poker." My SB was also three-bet so I folded, and already I was down $25 just in blinds lol. I wasn't really thinking of the blinds as $25 though for the record...I remember thinking "if this was 3/6, I'd only be down $5."

I don't remember in what order the following hands were, as I am just now blogging about this session here on Saturday night (7/28), but here it goes.

The first hand I really remember is A9 from the small-blind. An early position player open-limps, somewhat weird for him, as he has been raising quite a bit, but this was probably the third time I saw him open limp...must be a small PP or a couple face cards? It folds to the cutoff, who only calls. I look down at A9 and complete my option (the BB is $15 and the SB is $10 in this game), and the BB checks.

The flop came: AK7 rainbow

I checked, BB checked, EP bet, LP folded, I raised, BB folded, and EP only called. I was almost positive he didn't have an Ace, and if he did, my kicker was probably better (I'm almost positive he'd raise AK-AT here everytime). The turn was a nine. Bet, call. The river was a four. Bet, call. I show and win the hand. I thought before this hand started that EP was a bit of a weak player, and this confirmed my suspicions.

This next hand is probably the most interesting. UTG+1 open raised, he was very aggressive, good player, but probably too aggro. A couple cold callers, I look down at 88 OTB and call. Both blinds also call, so we're 6-way to a flop of 334 with two spades.

Good flop for me I think. UTG+1 bets out, two folds, I raise, two folds (so now we're HU), and he three-bets. Hmm...big PP or a flush draw? At this point I'm a tad confused and almost give him credit for a big PP. I only call.

The turn is an Ace. Eek...I'm about ready to give up on the hand, but then villain checked to me. I check behind and now have the guy on a PP bigger than mine. The river is a ten. Again the villain checked...so I think for a second, decide that if he does indeed have a PP he's going to look me up, so I check. He says "well I think you have me" and I reply with "I have a pair" and he mucks his cards saying it was good. Cool...I wait for the pot to get pushed and then throw my cards face down to the dealer. UTG+1 says "Meh..I got what I wanted with that flop three-bet. I wanted a free river...I had spades" so I guess he had something like KQ of spades. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done had he led out on the turn, but I might have folded.

That's all for now...I had a good run and built my way up to +600 at one point. Unfortunately I went on a bit of a cold streak and hit +350 on one point, and then decided to bounce once I was up over $400 again. I walked away content and ready to fly back to Sacramento with another good showing in Vegas under my belt.

2 comments:

Nik Santi said...

Thanks phil

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice experience to share with us. Really awesome article with plenty of informative things to be known for us.


dostavka sialis