Friday, July 20, 2007

Session No. 31 Capitol Wednesday (7/18)

9/18: TP = -$290 TSP = 3 Hrs 30 Min

This is not good. Really not good. My first hand I was dealt JJ. I flopped a set and rivered quads...would it be a sign of things to come? Fuck no.

Here's a running list of most of the hands I played:

- JJ quads
- QQ in the BB cracked by rivered OESD (Big pot, 5 player pre, two called bets on the turn)
- TT flopped a set rivered by a Royal Flush draw (KJ of clubs with AT of clubs on the flop) that hit his flush. Lost a ton of chips in this hand.
- 99 EP raise wins a small pot
- JJ in the BB wins a small pot
- AQ OTB raise pf misses everything and folds to aggression
- T6 BB special win
- TT UTG raise wins decent sized pot
- 88 spewed a little, definitely overplayed this hand
- 89 hearts called from LP missed flop
- QQ wins a small HU pot
- AJ of diamonds raise pre, flop the nut-flush draw (T92 board) and 67os catches a 6 on the river to pair up and beat my whiffed nut-flush draw + overs.
- AA holds in 3-way pot
- 89 hearts misses again in a multi-player limped pot
- A7 suited hearts raise 6-Handed in LP wins 3-Way hand
- J9 suited in a KP multi-players limp in the CO I limp also and miss my OESD
- AK loses when I flop TP vs bottom two (K87 board with two diamonds) Villain had 87, but he had been playing his flush draws fast so I had him on the flush draw. Flop capped, I called down turn and checked behind on the river

That's all I had written down (logged in my phone...most of the players must have thought I was a text-msg fiend haha)...and I can't really remember more. Out of all those hands I just listed off, I think the only hand I misplayed was the 88 hand. I tried to iso-raise a flop against this opponent who had been a bit loose but then I got 3-Bet. In retrospect the board was a little too coordinated for me to be able to raise out all three of the other players.

I dunno what else to say really...I guess this is just one of those swings that have to be weathered. Sitting at the table last night, I saw many opportunities other players were getting to maximize their winnings, and I really wish they could have happened to me. One lady was fortunate enough to get 3 bets in on the turn in a kill pot with a set of Aces vs Two pair and a flush draw ($36 x 3 bets x 2 opponents)...and here I was winning small pots and losing big ones. I guess no one can turn a winning session when that's happening to them.

Wish me better luck next time or pray for me or something...cause I don't like running bad.

Oh, and a final note, apparently I got fucked out of $400 last night by some moron who doesn't know anything about Bad Beat Jackpots. The "4/8 Superdonk" went and played at Cache Creek last night, and long story short, he should have gotten $1700 from the Bad Beat Jackpot for having the winning hand in a BBJ hand.

Quick rundown:

Superdonk has A8 with the Kill button
Villain has QQ

Final Board: AA26A

Superdonk shows A8, villain flashes Queens to everyone around him, then mucks his cards. After a long ruling, security has to declare the hand dead and no jackpot is rewarded. Why do I care so much? Well, besides Superdonk being my usual partner in crime and I'd be happy for him to win some money, we own 25% of each other if either of us hits any kind of jackpot. For smaller ones (High Hands, Royal Flushes), the other person must be present to receive percentages...but for the Bad Beat Jackpot, no attendance is required. I would have collected roughly $400 (after tip it would have been a little less), so my whole terrible session from a couple nights ago could have been monetarily erased had it not been for some moron. Check out the Superdonk's blog in a couple days for full details...I'd like to hear the story in full as well.

It sucks...I still manage to run bad, even when I'm not at a fucking table :)

Wish me luck, hopefully this shit turns around fast.

No comments: