Monday, July 23, 2007

Session No. 34 Mirage O8 and 10/20 LHE (7/23)

O8: TP = -$70 TSP = 1 Hr
10/20: TP = +$330 TSP = 4 Hrs

So I slept in a little bit Monday morning, screwed around with Nick and Em for awhile Monday afternoon, and found myself playing at the Mirage Monday evening. When I got there I put my name on three lists: 6/12, 10/20, and 5/10 Kill Omaha 8. Their O8 table was the first table to open up, so I played that one for about an hour. I didn't win one hand...

I had a deathlock on one hand where the flop was A29 and I had A245 double-suited. The turn was a Queen and the river was a Queen and some lady with AKxx took the pot. So weak.

After that my name was called for 10/20 so I rebought for $400 more and sat down with about $530 total. My first hand of the 10/20 game I was dealt A9 in the BB, flopped a pair and held. Good start. A couple hands later I lost with TT, but one my BB came back around, I flopped a boat and won another decent pot.

I had J6 in the BB and it was limped in four spots to the SB, she completed, and I checked my option. The flop was J66 and I think I wet myself a little...

The SB led out, I called, UTG called, and one more LP player called. The flop had two spades, so I figured someone had a flush draw...too bad they didn't hit. The turn was a four. SB fired again, I called, UTG called and LP folded. The river was a non-spade deuce. SB bet out, I raised, UTG folded (she looked like she was going to do so before I raised, and the SB folded as well. Weird...oh well, no need to show the flopped boat.

My next big hand was AQ of hearts from the button. A couple limpers in front of me, I raise, BB calls, as do the limpers. The flop comes Ace-high with two hearts. All players check to me, I bet, two folds, and then I get Check-raised by an old-man in seat eight. He was a good player, and we had tangled a few hands earlier in a blind versus blind situation. He "doesn't chop" so he raised my BB from the SB and I called with A8. The flop was 983 and he bet out, I called. The turn was another three. He checked this time, I bet, and he folded. I was intending to raise his turn bet...had he bet. Oh well.

Anyway, he check-raised me, and I three-bet. He called. The turn paired the lowest card (A944-two hearts); he checked, I bet, he called. The river was a ten of hearts. Check, bet, call. I showed my hand and took down the pot.

This was a great early run, but unfortunately I would cool off and only float around +$300 for the rest of the session.

The game was pretty soft for what I expected of a 10/20 game. There were three very soft players, and they were "regulars" apparently. Besides those three, there were a few players who were decent, but made noticeable mistakes, and then there were a couple solid guys (the old man and a younger guy). Toward the end of the session though a couple of the regulars were replaced by some noticeable Tags. The game quickly became a foldfest where there was a lot of chops and late-position raises stealing the blinds. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the game was no longer as profitable as it once was...time to eat :)

No comments: