Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Session No . 30 Cache Monday (7/16)

4/8 Kill: TP = -$175 TSP = 7 Hrs

What's going on here? Ugh. So since I'm off three days this week from "real work," I decided I might as well get some more playing time in. Me and the Superdonk headed up to Cache during the day to play some cards for a good 7-8 hour session.

The session started off baaaaad, and only got worse. I was quickly down $140 and didn't even sniff "even" for the rest of the night. I ran terrible. My big pairs were cracked a bunch of times, I missed a couple Nut flush draws in kill pots (I play aggressively, so of course those are going to cost me when I miss), and some woman actually called my UTG/EP raises with 72os (not making this up...72os) and cracked my AK/AQ/TT, in that order. Not to mention she cracked my UTG raise (AA) with her 86os by flopping a damn straight. Wtf right?

I was seriously questioning whether I was stuck in this horrible nightmare for the entire session. The final hand that seriously sent me overboard and forced me to lose my composure was this hand sometime around hour number six.

Hero is in LP with AJ of clubs. The flop gets limped in a couple spots, I raise, BB and the two limpers call.

The flop comes J:d:5:d:3:s:

The BB leads at the pot and I immediately put him on a diamond draw. He had been extremely aggressive the hand before, in fact, it was downright ridiculous. The board basically had a straight showing and I knew the lady who had been busting me up with 72os had the straight. BB capped the turn with his QT of clubs just because there was two clubs showing, no other draws imaginable, and proceeded to river his flush. Oh, he had just moved from a broken NL table, so you know he has to be terrible...because well, all NL players are terrible ;)

Anyway, he leads at this with junk I'm sure, some black dude in early position raises (he had been grossly out of line so far as well), so I three-ball. The BB caps it, me and the black dude call, and now I'm kinda worried. I'm not exactly running stellar here (down $280 or so at this point) and I am very concerned about a possible set or goofy straight. The turn is a non-diamond deuce.

The Bb fires again, EP calls, and I just call. I'm seriously lost at this point and I figure just calling is probably best at this point. The river is a non-diamond 6.

BB leads out again, and now EP raises. Fuck. There is a lot of money in there, but I don't think I can call off 2 BBs here when any four makes a straight and these maniacs playing any two cards could have some weird two pair. I show my neighbor the AJ and lay it down...BB calls. EP shows 66 and takes down the pot with a rivered set of 6s. I lost complete composure at this point and let out a "What the fuck? You have got to be shitting me..." as I pushed my remaining $80 worth of chips into a pile in front of me. I was livid. I could have gotten up and punched out the entire table at this point. Here I was running absolutely terribly, watching the 72os lady river gutterballs, two-outers, outflopping me with the fucking hammer, and now this donk wants to do the same thing to me.

To my credit I actually buckled down and played well after all of this. I raised ATs in MP, flopped two pair, and managed to get paid off by the 72os lady. Finally she called me down when I had a hand. Not much else happened after that until a big hand where it was capped with five players and I ended up turning a set. After that hand I cashed out a couple orbits later and let my homey the Superdonk play another orbit or two because he was winning. I was only down $175 at this point but I seriously felt terrible and knew there was a good chance I was steaming and could make some mistakes because of it. I feel like leaving the table was a good move.

Besides, after I cashed out, I went and got a coke with the cute Filipino brush who just happened to be going on break at the time. See, even when I run bad, I run good. Unfortunately she has a boyfriend, but hey, it's always good to have cute girls willing to go hang out with you, and she called her friend from the operator room to come down with us...so I got to hang out with a couple beautiful girls for 30 mins or so as I thought about my terrible July-run thus far. Seriously...I need to run well in Vegas, or this month's results are gonna be shit.

Sorry for running so bad everyone, it's very un-Santi-like. I'll try and do better :(

No comments: