Sunday, July 22, 2007

Session No. 32 Bellagio 8/16 (7/22)

8/16: TP = -$110 TSP = 5 Hrs

This session was just brutal. It was my first session back into Vegas and I was hoping that my bad run wouldn't follow me there from Cali. Unfortunately, I found myself starting off the session ice cold. My first big hand was KK in LP. It was raised pf by someone in MP, I three-bet from the Cutoff, the BB called, and the original raiser only called. The flop came ace high and I probably lost the minimum when I got to see villain's AQ at the showdown. All I had to do was raise the flop when he bet into me and it was checked down from there.

The next hand I'll talk about was a huge pot and was entertaining for pretty much the whole table.

Before we get to any pre-flop action, two players are posting behind the button for $8 each, so I jokingly thought to myself "great, I'll probably get AQ and have to raise in front of these morons (these two were like the typical 4/8 player). Sure enough, I look down at AK of spades and open from MP. Both players that posted called, The SB three-bet, The BB called, I four-bet, and one of the blinds capped it! There's already $200 in the pot ($40 x 5 players) and we haven't even seen the flop yet. At this point I'm really hoping for some spades...

I get my wish as the flop comes out Q:s:9:s:3h:

Boom. SB leads out, BB calls, Hero raised, Two LP players call, SB three-bets, BB folds, Hero 4-bets, Two LP players call again, SB caps, All call.

Wtf is going on here? How can we all have a piece of that flop? At first I thought SB might have been going nuts here with AA or KK, as he was a bit on the aggressive side, but now I'm really starting to fear QQ. No matter, I'm drawing live and just need to avoid the board pairing. Any spade is good and maybe an Ace might be good for me at this point.

The turn is a 5:d:. Yuck. Blank. SB bets, all three of us call.

The river is a black five...the five of clubs. Blech. I already hated the fact that it was a five...and because it was a club...well, that just sucks more obviously (or so I thought). The Sb led out again, I showed the guy next to me my cards and folded, and one of the late-position players goes into an absolute tirade (she's an older asian woment btw, who has been frustrated the entire time I was playing with her). "What are you doing? You cap every street and now you can't call? How you play like that?" I just laughed and said, "well hey, that's how I do it I guess" as she and the other LP player called. Sure enough, the SB showed QQ and took down a huge...huge pot.

See, if The Santi was running well, no way The Santi misses that flush draw...no way ever. Oh well.

After that I swung all the way down to -$350 or so, but hit a nice rush to finish the day only down $110 or so. Gotta run for now, I'll finish this up later.

No comments: