Sunday, July 8, 2007

Session No. 26 Cache Creek Saturday (7/7)

4/8 Kill: +$540 TSP = 9 Hrs 30 Min BB/Hr: 7.11BB/Hr
Overall 4/8K (since 4/14): +$3885 TSP = 114 Hrs 30 Min BB/Hr: 4.24BB/Hr
Overall (since 4/14): +$5160 TSP = 151 Hrs $/Hr: $34.17/Hr

So after complaining the other day to Tommy about how I didn't have any $500+ days in June, today was a good day. We got to Cache at around 2:30am and weren't sure how long exactly we would play. We both ran pretty well though (I came up $540, Tommy came up $265), so we played close to 10 hours. We were seated in seats 8 and 9 for the night/morning, and there was a solid player to my right who ran pretty well, so the last three seats of the table looked like a Murder's row of sorts. The majority of the chips on the table were usually on our side. I don't think anyone else except us three left the session up a winner.

Anyway, I started off the session really really slow. I felt like I was riding a bike in quicksand...pedaling hard and getting alot of action, but my stack wasn't going anywhere. Well that all changed around hour number three when I finally broke through with a few monster pots and found myself up $300+. I wish I could remember more hands from that streak...but I've been really bad at that lately...here's one, and it's probably butchered to shit.

Hero is in the Hijack with A4 of diamonds:

Limped in a few spots, I limp, button calls, sb raises, BB and everyone else calls

Flop is Q:d:8:d:4:c:

Sb checks, BB checks, Utg bets, UTG+1 calls, one fold, Hero raises, Button and SB call, Bb folds, Utg 3-Bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero caps because he's balla obv, Button and Sb call, Utg and UTG+1 call

Turn 5:s:

Sb checks, Utg bets, Utg+1 calls, Hero calls, Button and Sb calls

River: 5:d:

SB checks, UTG and UTG+1 check, Hero bets, Button calls, all fold

Hero wins the pot.

Sooo huge hand, but I really wasn't comfortable betting that river. I really felt like UTG was going to check-raise me there, but then he ended up folding. What could he have on that flop and then not even be able to make a river call? I really like my play on the flop by the way, because at the time I thought I could raise SB out of the hand (I think he had AK) and possibly open up some of my ace outs. Besides that, I really wish my friends would play their flush draws like this and cap the ever living fuck out of this flop like I did. We have so much equity with four other people in the hand on this flop...

And like I said before, I really wish the river didn't pair, but I guess I'm lucky that it paired the turn card and not any of the flop cards, cause then I might have been screwed. If Utg had led out on this river btw, I would have only called.

So after this I ran pretty horribly and didn't win a hand for about an hour and a half. My chips free-fell from +$300 down to +$120. I was visibly frustrated and close to quitting before I went on an insane rush of cards. I won a few big pots, a couple kills, all my big hands held, and my stack of chips grew and grew. I still really enjoy stacking my chips by the way...I shoulda taken a picture today, but I didn't want to rub anyone the wrong way.

I guess since I'm not going to play tonight (Sunday night), I'll probably blog about a couple more hands in the morning, but I'm out for now.

1 comment:

Fender403 said...

Dude, you should really check out the 9/18. I have talking to lots of players and dealers over there about it and watching the game. The general consensus is that the players are just as bad as the ones who play the 4/8 Kill game.

You would absolutely crush it.