Monday, June 18, 2007

Session No. 15 Monday Evening (6/18) Part I

4/8 Kill: +$320 TSP = 8 Hours BB/Hr: 5BB/Hr
Overall 4/8K (since 4/14): +$2928 TSP = 79 Hrs 30 Min BB/Hr: 4.6BB/Hr
Overall (since 4/14): +$2849 TSP = 81 Hrs 30 Min $/Hr: $34.96/Hr

So I woke up kinda early yesterday and finally made my way out to Cache Creek at around 1:30. I got on a table at about 2:30 and went from there. The table was very loose/passive when I first got there, and I was usually the only player folding or raising a hand...in that order. I was floating around even for most of my first two hours, as C-bets took down some small-ish pots and then I'd either get run down or miss my set. Floating and being bored...

Finally a couple big hands came up that really propelled me upwards. The first hand is QJ of hearts in a kill pot. I was in the hijack with the kill blind on the button, so I didn't want to get too fancy. There were three limpers to me, I limp, Sb and BB complete, and the kill-blind checked. 7-Handed and a ton of chips in already...

The flop came: 68T with one heart

There's a check, someone in EP bets, call, fold, fold, I call, with a couple more callers. I know I'm not getting exactly the right price here, but I did have a backdoor flush draw and I liked my position on the guy that bet out. Maybe if I hit my straight and I can get him to lead out again.

The turn is a 9 that puts two spades up on the board. Beautiful...and I am a luckbox. I don't call for gutterballs hardly ever and when I do, I actually hit. It gets checked to me, which is a bummer, but the board is now 689T so I guess I should've noticed that it might be hard to get paid off if I do hit...whoops. I bet $16 and I get called by two players.

The river is a non-spade 7, making a straight on the board. Both players check to me and I fire $16 again. One player looks at me and talks it out and thinks I have a Jack. The last player calls and I show QJ to take the down entire pot.

My next big hand came up with pocket fours. I limped behind some EP limpers in MP and the button raised. He was somewhat new to the table and had been raising alot. I think it was six or seven handed...

The flop came 249 with two hearts. It gets checked to me, and I opt to donk bet (something I almost never do) because I've seen the villain check the flop with AK quite a few times, especially if there is a gross number of players seeing the flop. My biggest fear is that this thing gets checked through with two hearts on the flop and I end up missing some bets or having a heart kill my hand on the turn. Anyway, I fire, and get called in five spots.

It doesn't look like the villain has any overpairs at this point, so I'm thinking I need to dodge a heart. The turn is an 8 of spades and I bet again and get called again by all five players. At this point I'm praying to pair the board or for some sort of blank to hit...

The river is a Queen of hearts. Ugh...rigged. Checked to me and I check, as I have three villains after me. Eventually this oafy dude wearing a huge cowboy hat bets out. He is obviously a new player and has been agitating me a little with his dumb catchphrases, but in the end he turned out to be a nice guy. I call his bet and a girl behind me calls. I say "the flush is good..." He says, "no flush, just two pair (queens and nines)" and I flip my cards over and take the monster of a pot.

Two quick hands and I'm up a ton. The building of "Awkward Heights" was under way...

No comments: