Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Session No. 15 Monday Evening (6/18) Part II

Alright well the towers have begun rising and it is only the beginning. Soon after those hands I win a huge pot with a pair of Kings with a jack kicker, fading off five opponents that called my turn bet (wtf?!)! The next hand is only the second time I've won the Aces cracked promotion at Cache.

I'm in the CO with a couple limpers, I limp (yes, I limped, I get $100 if my Aces get cracked), and the rest of the players calls or check or whatever. The flop comes KTJ and I'm pissed because I probably have the best hand. It gets checked to me so I have to bet and I get called in three spots.

The turn is a 9. Sweet. Some guy leads out of the blinds, a cool Mexican cat named Marco (he plays terribly most of the time). I call and tell the dealer "No Queen." The river is a 7 and Marco leads and I call and ask if he cracked my Aces. He says yes and flips over QQ and rakes in a decent sized pot, but I think I made more than he did ($76 profit). He thought it was funny I yelled for no queen, but it honestly worked out the best way it could for both of us. Sarah, the floorwoman, asked me if I wanted red chips. I laughed and said "yellow please" and she rolled her eyes at me and said, "fine you can build your towers." She wanted it...

After this little rush I actually level off for a little while and am left watching this middle-aged black woman (named Debbie) take over for me in destorying the table. She wins her first three out of four hands at the table and the oafy cowboy even remarks, "man, she's coming after your chip lead." I just smiled and said, "I can tell..."

Debbie proceeded to destroy the table until she had $400 in chips in front of her (she came with $120) and I had somewhere in the neighborhood of $560 (bought in for $200). People kept making comments about how they couldn't beat our side of the table, as I was in seat two and she was in seat 3.

I remember my chips falling down a little bit as I played out of my blinds or whiffed with some overcards, but when I eventually did win a pot, my tower grew even higher than it was before. In contrast, I saw Debbie's stack swing up and down, up and down, and it eventually stopped growing. She played aggressively, but she also paid off with a lot of marginal hands. I was able to maintain my stack and keep it growing, whereas most bad players can hit that rush and accumulate chips, but will give them back eventually. The table started to get to a breaking point, as we played seven-handed for a while. I had initially taken a lot of money from these players, but Debbie had knocked a few out, and I was in danger of having my table broken.

So we played short-handed for a good half hour or so, and this is where my final rush took place. One hand I re-call from this final rush was K:c:Q:d: in the SB.

Four limpers, I end up only completing, and Debbie checks. We're six-handed out of a possible seven players.

The flop came: K:d:T:h:6:d:

I check, 2 checks, Marco bets out, call, call, I raise, Debbie calls, 1 fold, Marco calls, 2 more calls.

Ugly. I was trying to CR some middle-pairs out and who knows what else...I played this hand weird, but Debbie cold-called two and everyone else called as well. Whatever, I was building a nice pot for someone.

The turn was a 2:d:. Not a bad card, as I had the second-nut flush draw now. I lead out and am called by only Debbie. The river is a Queen and I bet and she calls. I show two pair and she shows K9 as I rake in an awesome pot for a seven-handed table.

After this I win a couple more small-ish pots and people finally get fed up and leave. We're down to three players so we opt to draw for the the two seats in the other 4/8 game. In case you're not aware of this, I'm terrible at drawing for seats, and I pretty much told the ladies they might as well go over there now. The first lady flips up the K:c:. Great. Debbie flips over the A:d:. WTF?! I peek really closely and flip...the 3:c:. I'm fucking lame....

So Im left to rack up my chips and talk to Louis the dealer about crushing the table for $535 over a course of five hours. Louis is a cool guy...a little obnoxious at times, but I like his humor and overall demeanor. He ended up helping me cash out my five extra racks as I saved my other two for the next table.

No comments: