Friday, June 29, 2007

Session No. 23 Hooters 1/2 NL (6/29)

Hooters 1/2 NL: TP = $205 TSP = 2 Hrs

Well I hadn't planned on playing at all on Friday, considering it was my last day in Vegas and I had played a ton of poker throughout the trip. Todd had played a 14 hour session himself Wednesday after chopping the Venetian $330 Deepstack tourney for $2800, so he said he was done with poker for the trip (he's leaving Monday). I figured I'd spend the day kicking it with Todd and meeting up with Josh (WC) for lunch.

We had been talking to Josh about meeting up at Hooters for lunch since the day before, but somehow Josh's phone took a shit on him after we had been making plans to meet up at Hooters. Long story short, he didn't get our messages until about 3pm and we met up with Josh much later in the day. I decided I'd have Todd drop me off at Hooters and I'd kick it with Josh for a couple hours playing 1/2 NL before catching a cab to the airport.

I sat down with the max buy-in ($200) and was immediately dealt QQ UTG. I just about shit my pants and couldn't wait to see how I could find a way to stack off on my first hand of 1/2 NL. I raised to $12 and I got the poster and blinds to fold. Woot...$5 profit.

I limped around here and there after that and really felt uncomfortable for the first couple of orbits. Finally I got a big hand with AJ vs. a flush draw that whiffed and I was up $80. Later on Todd ended up swinging back around as his deal to get an I-Phone fell through...

My second and final big hand came up when I was dealt AJ of diamonds. A solid player who had been way too nice with his opponets so far min-raised from EP. I just called and was hoping to flop a big hand or get out of the way. A couple more players called and then the BB made it $10 to go. Really small re-raise if you ask me, but four players called his bet and now there was $50 in the pot.

The flop came AJ5 with two clubs. Yikes...I'm gonna stack off here I guess. The BB led out for $25, the original raiser folded, and I looked at my other two opponents. The SB, who had been playing pretty fishy all day, looked eager to make a call. I decided to play my two pair fast and take down the $75 in the pot. I made it $100 to go, the small-blind deliberated for a loooong time before finally folding, and the BB decided to call. The turn was a non-club 4 and the BB checked to me. I figured he had AK and maybe he had me on a club draw. I pushed for about $170 more into a pot of $250. He was taking a long time, so I definitely wanted a call at this point. I did my best to just sit there and not really attempt to look scared or strong. He flashed an Ace and folded and I took in a nice sized pot. Oh well...too bad he didn't have me on a club draw, but then again, he might have hit his King-kicker and I would have been fucked.

After this I actually dodged losing a lot of money after flopping TP vs. a flopped straight. I almost made a terrible call, but thankfully I didn't...

After this Todd gave me a ride to the airport, where my flight was delayed 45 minutes, a solid 45 minutes I could have spent still playing. Oh well, I'm actually going back in a few weeks, and I can't wait.

No comments: