Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Re-Cap (Monday)

So Sunday night I was supposed to go to bed early in order to get myself up before noon the next day. The plan was to get up early on Monday and play an all day poker session at Cache with Tommy. Of course, I'm a degenerate and ended up donking around on a 1c/2c NL table with some of my forum friends until 4am or so...yeah, I know, I have a problem haha. It was awesome though, as Fulton, me and Jmill got into a min-raise war until we were all three all-in. My Aces held and they called me an "angleshooter" for the rest of the night...actually they've called me that for the last few days too haha. I ended up leaving the table up $15 though after about an hour of play (that would be 750BB/Hr) LOL...

Anyway, Tommy and I got to Cache around 1pm or so, grabbed some lunch, and finally sat down at the tables at around 2pm or so. As has been the case of late, my session started off pretty slow the first few orbits, but I finally raked my first pot after flopping a set of 2s. The very next hand I picked up AQ suited and killed the pot. I went from down ~$40 to up ~$50 in two pots. Ahhh I love running gooooooooooot....

My chip stack only grew from that point and I found myself up $160 or so after three hours of play (my first orbit break). After that I remember teetering back and forth between 160-200 and getting somewhat frustrated that I couldn't get over that hump. I actually took a couple beats during this time and actually felt "mortal" again.

Unfortunately for my opponents, the feeling of vulnerability can only last so long when it comes to The Santi. After hour number six (2nd break), my toughest decisions were comprised of how I should arrange my $500+ chip stack. For the record, Tommy favors the "neat castle" look whereas I prefer awkward heights...

Anyway, after Tommy came over to my table (hour seven-ish) I was up $300 or so and didn't expect to go any higher...but I did. I hit the table up for another $260 or so in my last couple of hours and left away from Cache up over $1K for the weekend. Not bad for 16 hours worth of work.

Tomorrow I'll post some HHs from Monday's session, including one I played pretty loose for my liking, but hey, I need to take some criticism once in awhile. I'll leave you with some pictures and I'll ask you to vote for which chipstack you like the best.

Stack 1

This would be an example of "Awkward Heights." The first pic contains about $500 in chips. The bottom level has 15 rows of 20 chips and are lined up like bowling pins. The second level is 6 rows of 20 stacked neatly in the middle of the first level. The third level contains three rows of 20 stacked staggering the six rows beneath them (in order to keep them balanced) and finally the top level is ~20 (sometimes more, sometimes less) and it is staggering the three rows beneath it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's a blurry shot of about 760 yellow chips.
1st Level = 21 rows of 20 (420)...bowling pin style 654321
2nd Level = 10 rows of 20 (200)...bowling pin style 4321
3rd Level = 6 rows of 20 (120)....bowling pin style 321
4th Level = 2 stacks of whatever :) (In this case it was stacks of 10)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Stack 2

The "Neat Castle." I think it reeks of lame-ness...but whatever ;)

The upper rows are rows of 40 and the majority of the back rows are 50, the middle back rows are 60...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Okay...that's all, tomorrow will be more about poker hands and less about chipstacks haha...but VOTE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely awkward heights, no question about it, gets my vote. Any stack you struggle to see over is a good thing! Impressive play Nik, great to see you running so well!

Anonymous said...

Awkward Heights and it's not debateable

Fender403 said...

Awkward heights for sure, no contest

Anonymous said...

Honestly I prefer the neat castle...

pba08 said...

I like the awkward heights.


Cool blog man. Great stuff. I'll be sure to read.

Nik Santi said...

Thanks for the votes guys :)

Glad you like the blog so far Phil