Thursday, May 17, 2007

Itching to Play

Wow...it's been almost 10 days since I last played a live hand. I guess school is largely to blame in that I have had a few midterms and papers due the last week and a half, which has basically kept me from playing. I'm soooo itching to play and I think I'll finally go back to Cache tomorrow night.

In other news, I have money online again, this time on Pokerstars. I've had a nice little rollercoaster where I've gone up and down...up and down...and now I'm about where I started. I've made enough money on the ring games to pay for my horrendous tournament and sng stats.

I have been playing really well in the limit sngs, but the later stages have just been killing me. I tend to play well early on and build a nice stack, but once the blinds go up and players get desperate, I keep finding myself on the receiving end of some horrendous suckouts. Nothing I can do really, except run better. The only sng I've really felt I played badly was a couple hours ago. I was HU at the end of a 9-Man SNG with a 2 to 1 chip lead and then let this guy run me the fuck over. He went into raise every single bet mode and he came out the winner. Oh well...live and learn.

I got pretty deep in a $5 HORSE tournament (128 Players) last week. This has been my first and only HORSE experience and it was pretty fun. The players were pretty horrendous, especially at Razz. I tripled my stack in the 2nd round or Razz which propelled me to the top four of the field, and that's where I stayed for the majority of the night. Shit fell apart late in the tourney though (16-ish players left). Twice I flopped huge draws in the Omaha8 portion and neither one came through. One was a nut-flush, nut-low draw that would have won me a HUGE pot. I ended up getting KO'd in the Limit HE round...

The button was attempting to steal and I had AT in the BB. Flop came 3 hearts, and I had the Ace of hearts, so I led, Button raised, and I re-raised AI. He shows 95os for bottom pair of 5s and I failed to improve. I pretty much knew that the rest of my chips were going AI regardless, and I guess the guy hit a pair so he couldn't go anywhere either. I finished 12th for a whopping $5 or $6 profit lol...

Other non-poker related things in the news today: I'm finally getting a car. It's an older Acura Integra (4-Door) with low miles for the year of the car. I'm happy with it, and I was awesome enough to knock the guy down $1K from what he was originally asking. It should do for now. I plan on getting a nicer car after I have a solid 40Hr a week job and am close to finishing up grad school.

Ummm so yeah, that's all for now, hopefully I'll have some live poker updates tomorrow!

No comments: