Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Session No. 4 Tuesday Night (5/1) Part I

4/8 Kill: TP = +$45 TSP = 6 Hours 40 Min
Overall (4/8K since 4/14): TP = +$240 TSP = 16Hrs 30Min BB/Hr = 1.82BB/Hr
Overall (since 4/14): TP = +$214 TSP = 18 Hours $/Hr = $11.89/Hr

Longest session I've played in long time, and while I think it's good for me to get in the habit of playing long hours, I think I struggled mid-way through. For the first time in a long time, I felt lost on what to do in certain situations (namely low-mid PPs in early position). I was either too passive or too aggressive, and I feel like I would have had a much better session if I played these a little better. Besides that, I think I played really well, maybe a tad too aggressive at times; but for the most part, I am happy with how I played.

Coming up more would have been nice, as of now my BB/Hr is fairly low for what I want it to be at. I started out strong, lulled in the middle, and then finished the session strong to come up a little bit. For awhile there it looked like I was going to have a negative session. I'm lucky seat 4 donked off a ton of chips in the last hour though.

Quick re-cap and questions that I'll come back to tomorrow:
AA > T8 I played this way too passively
KQ > AK & QT
KQ > K-rag (good river bet)
AQ flopped one straight and turned another...might be my new favorite hand
55 multiple times and was basically lost on what was optimal
88 multiple times and was basically lost on what was optimal
Ak-AJ, KQ-KJ on whiffed flops. Spew or standard C-Bets?
Should I be opening with KJos?

By the way, my table was a good mix of Lps and Lags and I really should of made a killing tonight. I blame part of it on being somewhat card dead in every single Kill pot and the other on how badly I misplayed 55/88 from multiple spots as well as a being a tad over-aggressive in certain spots. Like I've stated before though, I think it's better to be a little too over-aggressive than a little too passive.

So, like I said before, I had a lot of trouble with pocket pairs throughout the session, so I posted a question about them over on CP. Here's the link with my original questions and it has some good replies in there that I'll really think about.

http://forums.cardplayer.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47798

You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to, but it's been pretty helpful for me and it definitely will have some effect on how I will play my pairs from now on. Tomorrow I think I'll actually throw in some HHs from the session...might be a little more exciting of a read.

No comments: