Monday, May 21, 2007

HHs from the 5/18-19 Weekend Part I

Well as promised, here are a few of the more interesting hands from the weekend. These first three are from Friday night where I could basically do no wrong.

Hand 1:

Hero is in EP/MP with KK in seat 5. The main villain in this hand is the "check this" guy from session three...I can't stand him. At the time of the hand he seemed pretty grumpy and was complaining about some bad beats he took at the NL table. Villain2 is a bit of a donk and is sitting to my direct right in seat 4.

Pre-flop action went something like: Villain2 limps, Hero raises, one caller behind that, Villain1 calls, Villain2 calls.

The flop came out: T:s:7:s:6:h:

Villain checks, Villain2 bets, Hero raises, one fold, Villain re-raises, Villain2 calls, Hero calls

I know that "Check this" is steaming a bit, but he's not Check-re-raising here with AT; two pair is his most likely hand here. I had the King of spades in my hand, so I figured I could call one more bet on the flop completing the action and then hope for a spade or King.

The turn obliges and puts out a 2:s:

Villain bets, Villain2 folds, and Hero calls

At this point a whole slew of possible hands went through my head in a brief instant. 89 for a straight? Flush already? I quickly called and then an interesting card appeared.

K:c:

Hmmm...I hit my set, but it might just be good for 2nd place. Any spades and 89 has me beat. The villain bets and I reluctantly raise. The villain simply calls and starts complaining about how he gut run down again. I showed my Kings and he showed his 77 and let's the dealer have it. I would have felt bad for the guy if he had any kind of composure...

Anyway, yeah, I'm a luckbox, and perhaps the raise on the river was a bit risky, but I think I see two pair or a set there often enough in that spot to make it an "okay" river raise...


Hand 2:

Hero is UTG in a Kill pot with AA (seat 5). The SB is the Kill-Button (seat 3) and has to post $8. She was a decent LAG player. Seat 4 was the donk from the previous hand and is in the BB.

Pre-flop Action: Hero raises, all fold to SB who calls, BB 3-Bets, Hero caps, SB takes about 40 seconds to call, BB calls

Flop came Ten-High

SB checks, BB bets $4 and is all-in, Hero raises to $12, SB folds after investing $32 pre-flop *cheeze*

I immediately flipped my Aces so I didn't slow roll the guy. He failed to return the favor though and never showed his cards at all. He busted and took off, noticeably angry...

Tommy gave me shit later on about how I play so tight and yet people still give me so much action. Thanks for the pre-flop cap in the kill-pot when I have Aces :)


Hand 3:

This hand was probably my favorite hand all night. I was up around $230 or so and was already very pleased with my session thus far. Hero is in MP with Q:c:Q:s:

Pre-flop:
Two limpers, one fold, Hero raises, Button calls, SB 3-Bets, BB calls, Two limpers call, Hero caps, All call

Flop: T:c:8:s:7:c:

All check to me, Hero bets, Button folds, SB calls, 2 more callers, the rest fold

Ugly flop for this many players, but the fact that I didn't get CR'd here made me feel really good. I was pretty sure that after SB checked here that he whiffed with his AK.

Turn: T:s:
3 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, 2 folds

I feel like I'm in a great spot now. No one has a ten (I don't think so anyway) because I feel like I would have probably gotten raised on the turn. I'm also now heads-up with the guy who 3-Bet and has shown zero interest in the hand since the flop came out. I still have him on AK.

River: 2:s:

SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

Wtf?! Check-Raise on the river?! I asked him if he slow-played quad tens, but at the time I remember thinking he's probably going to show AA or KK to win this pot. Villain flipped over A:c:K:s: and I calmly nodded and flipped over my Queens. He scared the shit out of me, that's for sure. Anyway, Tommy once again gave me shit for getting so much action even though I can "sit on coal and grind out diamonds." The CR on the river was interesting, perhaps villain thought he could bluff me off AK or AQ? I dunno, but with the pot that huge, I'd probably call with Q-High there haha...

Tomorrow I'll talk about my Saturday night session and even include some hands Tommy played.

2 comments:

Chris said...

damn...I haven't been checkraise bluffed on the river in like three years. I hate you nik santi.

Also, in hand one, what do you think about raise/folding the turn? You can usually check behind if you don't improve and get an extra bet when you do (usually to the flush not your donkey 22:1 shot).

Admittedly, I may overuse that line.

Nik Santi said...

Ohh...raise/fold the turn representing the flush? I like it actually...