Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HHs from the 5/18-19 Weekend Part II

These hands will be from the Saturday night session. Tommy and I decided I ran way too well Friday to not go again Saturday. I had slept in until 5pm (went to bed 11am-ish) so I was feeling decent when I got off work at midnight Saturday night. The plan was to play a short session and leave around 6am...I think we took off around 7am.

Hand 1:

The first hand I want to talk about is after a couple hours of play. This was the 2nd table I had been at and I was floating probably up ~$20 or so. I had just won two hands in a row, so I had to post the Kill-blind.

I was dealt 6:c:2:c: in the CO and the stakes were 8/16, seven-handed

Pre-flop action is limped in a couple spots, BB called $4, and I looked down at my dismal 62s and check.

The flop comes out 6:h:5:c:2:d:

Looks like 62s is a monster after all. The SB (seat 1) led out, he was an old-timer and major donator in the game. The BB folded and then seat 5, an older black man, called. He had been playing very loose and passive, and called down a ton. I decided to play this fast and see what was going on. I raised and then seat one immediately announced a re-raise. He looked very strong, and by the time seat 4 called $16 more, I opted to call and re-evaulate once a turn card hit.

The turn was a 6:d:

I was really hoping for a deuce to come off, mainly because seat one had me crushed if he had either 34 for the flopped straight or 65 for top-two. He led out but then mumbled something about "not liking that card." Do people really try to give information out that much? He had been talking alot on the flop about how strong he was, and now he was saying the board pairing scared him. Seat 5 called and I pushed two yellow stacks into the middle, taking $4 off the top of each one to raise it up to $32. Seat one only called and then seat 5 called as well.

I felt great because I knew at this point that I had to have them both crushed. Seat one probably has 34 at this point and is making crying calls to the end here. Seat 5 had me somewhat concerned that he might have a PP of some sort and might spike a miracle boat or something, but for the most part I knew I was way out in front.

The river was the 5:d:

Nasty. This card pretty much killed my action and would give seat 5 a split pot with me if he had been calling all the way down with a 6. Both villains ended up check/folding however, with seat one showing 34 for a flopped straight. I didn't want to come off as a complete dick after raking in this monster pot, so I decided to show...the 2:c: haha :)

Well...that was the first card I showed. After some prodding from Tommy and seat 7, and the idea that these guys might actually attempt to play better if provoked, I decided to show the 6:c: I usually have the "no call no show" policy, but these guys knew I had the 6...so why be a dick about it?


Hand 2

The second hand involves both me and Tommy. This hand occurred toward the end of my night. I think before this hand I was up roughly $130 or so and Tommy was sitting on a healthy $200+ profit.

I believe we were 8-Handed at this point and the table had been the most solid one I had seen all night.

Hero (seat 5) is in the Hijack with A:d:K:s:
Tommy is in the CO with Q:s:Q;c:

Pre-flop: one limper, other main villain in the hand (seat 2) calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, Tommy 3-Bets, Button, SB and BB all fold, limpers call, Hero caps, Tommy and two limpers call

Flop: 6:d:3:d:2:s:

Both the limpers check to me, and I decide to fire a C-bet to see how much Tommy likes his hand. Tommy raised and now I know he at least has a pocket pair, probably TT+. One limper folds and then seat 2 cold-calls. That sent warning bells off in my head, but I opted to call the bet anyway to complete the action.

The turn was a 2:d:

Seat 2 made an awkward motion towards his chips and then decided to check. Tommy and I had a talk about that later on and we both laughed at how obvious it was the kid had just made his flush. I checked and prayed Tommy would check behind. Tommy checked and the river came:

Q:d:

What an awesome money card for Mr. Fong. Not only did I make my nut-flush, but he also made his Queens full. Seat 2 led out, I raised, and then Tommy starts laughing and saying "haha this is gonna be sick...so sick" in an obvious attempt to annoy me, as we both absolutely hate people who say "sick" over and over again. He takes forever but finally 3-Bets me and seat 2 thought for a good while before folding. In retrospect, it was probably way too easy for seat 2 to fold his flush in that spot, but who cares, we were having fun. Besides, Tommy missed out on the extra BBs, not me :)

I'll probably post some more hands from the weekend if I end up not playing tomorrow/today (Tuesday), so check back again later tonight!

1 comment:

Nik Santi said...

Man start a blog and stop posting under anonymous haha :)