Monday, May 7, 2007

Reflection Day

Alright well it's been a fun few weeks so far and I've really enjoyed
using this blog to reflect this deeply on my poker sessions. I thought
this would get old and boring...but so far it hasn't.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed after Friday night's session because I talked to a couple of my floorman buddies at Cache in depth about the suspected 10/20 game. Supposedly they've only had it up and running four times since they opened the new room, and it once lasted 8 whole hours. Bummer. I was really looking forward to playing the typical Cache Creek player at 10/20 stakes. 1BB/Hr ($20) would be cool with me, and it would definitely be possible even if only half thedonks that usually play the 4/8 Kill game came over to 10/20.

For now I'm happy with how I'm running at the 4/8 game and will simply use that game to try and get better. I talked to Edward (floorman at Cache) about some possible better places to play and he said Manteca has a 6/12 game probably worth checking out. He also talked about the Bay Area as being the only real spot for regular fishy games 10/20 and up. Road trip?

I'm really looking forward to this summer and the possibilities of getting a better paying job and having some more free time on my hands. Working all day and then playing poker on the weekends sounds really really fun right now.

I know I've only played five sessions since starting this blog, but I really feel like this is only the beginning of what I'm capable of. I've had one session where I really felt like a ran good...and that was during the first half of it. The rest have been marred with being card dead for multiple orbits at a time, running into set over set, being completely card dead in the juicy kill pots, etc. I'm not complaining (well kinda not haha...), but I'm really just trying to say that I think I've been playing better than 2BBs/Hr against these guys and that I'm somewhat due for a breakout run. If it happens...awesome. If it doesn't, well...I've been making it work so far.

1 comment:

Chris said...

gl getting the game started nik. I know when I started playing around here, there was only one room that even had a 10/20 (line up was strictly 5/10 and 10/20), with a rare 20/40 on weekends. Now, they're running 20/40 around the clock and frequently have 50/100 up on weekends. Start a list if they don't have one, and try to talk up the game. Eventually, you'll get it running. Gl