Saturday, May 5, 2007

Session No. 5 Friday Night (5/4)

4/8 Kill: TP = +$75 TSP = 3 Hours BB/Hr: 3.1BB/Hr
Overall (4/8K since 4/14): TP = +$315 TSP = 19 Hrs 30 Min BB/Hr = 2.02BB/Hr
Overall (Since 4/14): TP = +$289 TSP = 21 Hrs $/Hr = $13.76

Won like 5 pots...

AJ > J4 + ??
K9s in SB > ??
Ran two good turn semi-bluffs...
C-Bet took down a pot with AQ

I'll start off by saying that this was one of my slowest sessions ever. I swear every hand I saw tonight was the equivalent to 93os. I had great position on the biggest fish at the table (seat 1, I was in seat 4), and yet I never could get a nice enough hand to capitalize on the guy. Luckily enough I ran really well after the flop and turned this into a nice positive session, but I seriously played maybe one hand out of the blinds every couple of orbits.

Aside from coming up for the night, the most fun I had tonight was watching seat 1 donate literally $400 or so to the table cause in a little under three hours. As soon as I sat down in my seat, I could tell that seat one was going to annoy the absolute shit out of me. He was a young (24 years old or so) cocky Asian kid and would not shut the hell up. The very first hand I witnessed he gave this dude crap for limping in the SB with J7suited and flopping two pair. I later realized they weren't friends and the guy was actually questioning the guy's play as if limping in with J7 suited in this 4/8 game was such a huge flaw.

As time passed, I noticed that seat 1 raised a ton, and if he didn't raise, then he was limping in. He had about $600 worth of yellow chips in front of him, and he was hot for the first hour or so I was at the table. He was arrogant as hell as he sucked out or caught lucky flops, and often times would yell "send it" when someone called him down. I pretty much wanted to reach across the table and strangle him...

As time passed however, each player around the table eventually had a shot at the guy and his stack dwindled further and further. As I was leaving, I counted his stack and noticed he had a little under $200 left. Awesome.

Anyway, here was the biggest hand of the night and I was not involved whatsoever. The Hero of this hand is being played by Tommy.

Tommy is in the CO in seat 6 with 66. Seat one raised from UTG, 3 callers, Hero calls, the blinds both call.

Flop comes: AT6 Rainbow

bLinds check, Seat one bets, Seat 2 raises, Seat 3 calls, Hero 3-Bets, Blinds fold, Seat one caps, Seats 2 and 3 call, Hero calls

Turn: Blank. Don't remember

All check to the Hero who fires out a bet, 3 calls

River: 6

Seat 1 and 2 check, Seat 3 bets $3 and is all-in, Hero completes to 8, Seat one calls, Seat 2 folds

Hero shows quads and takes down a nice pot. Hero then looks at me and quietly says, "send it." LOL! For the record, Tommy hated the guy too...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog. Just to let you know someone is reading it with interest.

Nik Santi said...

Awesome :)

Thanks for the love

Anonymous said...

oh wow the hero in your hand must have loved hitting quads. what a lucky bastard. Ive played poker for 8 years and i have never won a hand with Quads. Man awesome story. I love the Ship it part. I think i will say that everytime i win a hand.

Nik Santi said...

LOL...hi Tommy