Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Session No. 69 Cache Tues (1/1)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$65 TT: 5 Hrs

What better way to bring in the new year than to go play some live pokah? Tony called me around 1pm or so and woke me up out of my tired stupor to go play at Cache. The Superdonk was already out playing, so I figured going up to watch him donk off some chips would be worth the trip itself...

Now tonight is Friday and I just got back in from playing 1/2 NL at Jackson with my friend Todd, but I'll do my best to give you a rundown of some interesting hands. The first hand I really played at the table was KQos from EP. I raise, get a couple of callers behind me, and then the BB tags along.

Flop: Q:d:T:d:3:c:

Check, I bet, call, Button raises, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, fold, call

Turn: 4:s:

Bet, call

River: 9:d:

Check, bet, call

Genius on the button shows Q9os and rakes in my pot...ugh...lame. I check/called expecting to see a couple diamonds, maybe even a goofy straight or something like that after the snap-calls I got on the flop and turn, but Q9? Whatever...

After that I ran a little better, built up a stack somehow to around +$130, but then I ended up donking it off down to $60 somehow...yeah I told ya, my memory is shot. I've been on a terrible sleeping pattern for the last week...

One more hand...oh this one was pretty sick actually.

I limp behind a couple limpers in LP with A:c:8:c:, BB checks. About five players see a flop of...

Flop: T:c:6:c:3:s:

Checks to me, I bet, called in a few spots

Turn: 7:c:

Boom. Checks to me, I bet, SB raises, two players fold the action back to me, I 3-bet, SB caps. Interesting...I remember thinking "glad I'm blocking the straight-flush with my 8:c:"

River: K:h:

Bet, I raise, SB 3-bets, I four-bet, dealer says "eight more to call" and the SB looks at the dealer and asks "eight more?" I somewhat hurriedly pipe in and say "it's HU, so you could keep raising if you want" which got a few chuckles out of the other players. I was kinda pissed the dealer didn't say it was unlimited raising on the river since we were Heads-up...anyway he ends up just calling and angirly mucks K2 of clubs. What'd he think I had?

That's all for now...I'll blog about the NL session tomorrow (Saturday)...I'm gonna go crash now.

No comments: