Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Session No. 74 Capitol Monday Night (1/14)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$220 TT: 6 Hrs

Ugh, was up somewhere around +$340 at one point, but proceeded to free-fall from there. Set of Jacks lost to a turned straight in a kill pot, then I lost with top and bottom pair on the flop to top-two...oh well. I was involved in quite a few big pots...

Hand 1:

Pre-flop I raise with a couple red nines somewhere in EP. Called in a ton of spots.

Flop: 9:c:4:c:2:s:

Donk in the BB leads out, I raise, called in like four spots, BB three-bets, I cap...called in every spot...huge pot now. Donk in BB starts yelling to pair the board (something he said a couple hands earlier when he had a flush draw)

Turn: A:c:

Booooooo! Donk leads, I call, called behind in a couple spots

River: 7:c:

Swing and a miss...BB bets, some guy calls behind me before I can even act so I fold. BB shows K:c:2:c: and rakes in my huge pot.


Hand 2:

Pre-flop: Limped in every spot but one, I look down at Black Kings OTB. I raise, both blinds call, the five limpers call...

Flop: K:h:9:h:7:s:

Small-blind looks at me and donk-bets...called in four spots, I raise, sb calls, everyone else calls

Turn: 3:c:

Checked to me, I bet, two calls

River: 2:c:

Yay I have the nuts. Checked to me, I bet, one caller (SB)

SB: "Wow yeah that's good" :)


Hand 3:

Pre-flop: Kill pot, limped in a couple spots, I raise somewhere in MP with JJ, called by the blinds and the two early limpers, I have position on the table.

Flop: Q:c:J:s:9:h:

SB checks, BB donk-bets, call, call, Hero raises, SB folds, BB 3-bets, call, fold, Hero caps, two calls

Turn: T:c:

Fuck? BB bets, call, Hero calls

River: 5:d:

BB Bets, fold, Hero calls

BB had KQ


No complaints from me though. Aside from that last hand I posted and the last couple of orbits in general, I ran pretty well and had a lot of fun. The table was extremely friendly for some reason as we all traded jokes and stories. I usually don't take a liking to the players I play against very often, but tonight was different for some reason.

Anyway, probably playing tonight (Tuesday) with the Superdonk. Tony, if you want to go, hit me up.

3 comments:

AllanDuke said...

Hand 3: You had to know you were beat when the board straightened out like that. Why'd you call the river?

Nik Santi said...

Well, let's do some math. Four players called my raise pf (16 x 5 = $80); Three-way capped on the flop (8 x 4 x 3 = $96); Three big bets on the turn (16 x 3 = $48) and then one river big bet ($16) = ~$240 pot to my $16 bet that I must call. That's about a 15 to 1 call...

There's no one left to act behind me, and it's between me and the villain who started the raising/3-betting on the flop.

Do I think villain can have QJ or 99 here more than one time in 15 tries? I do and I did...so I called. No hero folds in Limit Duke, especially when the pot is massive.

Throughout the hand I wasn't worried about BB having a straight...I was more worried about the caller in between us. I originally put BB on QJ or 99, but when the board straightened out on the turn I could no longer raise...

Make any sense?

Chris said...

Yeah, never ever folding there.

In hand two, why not pop the turn when the Ac hits?