Saturday, January 5, 2008

Session No. 70 Jackson Friday (1/4)

1/2 NL: TP = +$60 TSP = 5 Hrs

Alright well even though the weather was uber-shitty, I rode with my friend Todd to Jackson Rancheria. Todd's playing in a couple big tournaments Monday and Tuesday up there, so he wanted to go up Friday to make sure he bought in and was registered ahead of time. After registering, we sat down and play some 1/2NL. I knew ahead of time the limit games would be scarce (they had one 3/6 table going lol!) so I was ready to play some NL cash.

To be honest, I was pretty lost on a few key situations, something that almost never happens to me in limit. The players were pretty soft though, so I made money despite those few mistakes.

I can't really remember any hands to go into them in detail, but I picked up Aces a couple times and then flopped a set of threes once, but besides that I actually ran somewhat cold. I was able to c-bet a couple times to take down some decent pots, and I even made a successful semi-bluff. On the flipside, I put a guy who was short-stacked and flopped a set of Queens all-in with my nut-flush draw (he boated up on the turn lol) and then I lost a good chunk of my stack with AQ vs A4 of clubs (guy turned his flush).

I think pre-flop went, Villain limped, Hero raised to $10, villain called.

Flop: Q:c:7:d:5:c:

Check, Hero bets $15, Villain Calls

Turn: 3:c:
Check, Hero bets $30, Villain calls

River: T:c:

Check, Check

I show my Queen and the villain (obv frustrated) showed A:c:4:c:. To be honest, he's not getting any more money out of me anyway. If he raises the turn I'm gone and if he donks the river I'm folding there too.

Anyway, I'm going up to Jackson again Monday/Tuesday with Todd, so wish me luck and hopefully this limit-donk can run good and make some money playing NL :)

No comments: