Friday, January 25, 2008

Session No. 78 Cache Thurs Night (1/24)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$250 TT: 6 Hrs

Ran a lot better today...I'm really glad the Superdonk was able to talk me into going. Yesterday I just had such a terrible run of cards, I really felt like taking a week off and re-grouping. Good thing I didn't...

The first big hand of the session I was dealt two black Queens somewhere in MP. I raise pre-flop after a limper, get called by the player to my immediate left, the button (seat 6, complete donktard), and the BB and the limper come along too. We see the flop five-handed...

Flop: J:s:T:s:7:d:

Yikes...checked to me, I bet, called by three of the four players.

Turn: 7:c:

Good card I'm sure. Checked to me, I bet, called in the same three spots.

River: 6:c:

Check, I bet again, called only by the button who says "I know you got it..." Ahh, those words are so great to hear as you're being called down, because you know he's not just calling with a seven or a straight.

I won some small pots here and there. Looking back on the session, it's hard to find hands to talk about, because I guess I either had really bad cards or really good cards that held/didn't get too much resistance.

Oh, another hand that happened early on was A:c:K:c: out of the big blind. It gets limped in a few spots, I raise, one caller, donktard (seat 6) decides to three-bet, call, I cap of course, the other three players call.

Flop: A:h:6:h:3:d:

Not the prettiest flop for A:c:K:c:, but it would have to do. I lead out, my buddy to the immediate left of me (seat 3) calls, and the donktard calls.

Turn: K:h:

I remember thinking that it was unlikely either of my opponents had the flush. The donktard would have raised the flop 9 times out of 10 there with a flush draw, but I guess the guy to my left (seat 3) could have had the flush. Anyway, I bet, called in both spots, and now I'm just hoping that another heart doesn't roll off.

River: 7:c:

I bet, called by seat 3, and seat 6 shows K5 of clubs (<3 Live Players) and mucks his hand. I show AK, seat 3 showed AT (also no hearts) and I took down the pot.

Hmm...I'm tired...and like I said, I can't remember anymore hands. I did get kinda "lucky" one hand where I raised a bet from the small-blind and three callers on the flop (I think I was OTB) with a backdoor heart draw, two-overs, and a gutshot straight draw to the nuts. The table had gone ultra-passive, so I was pretty certain that if I raised the flop, I could get a free river card and maybe hit one of my outs. I didn't have to wait long, as I hit my gutty on the turn and got paid off by two-pair (top and bottom on the flop) from the small-blind.

Going to catch some z's now...I might write some more tomorrow since I'm probably not playing until Sunday night. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nik,

I saw you on the CardPlayer forums and figured I'd give you a headsup about a WPT giveaway I'm running this year.

You can win a weeklong vacation in the Bahamas, training from the pro's and a shot at 10 WPT buyins plus $10,000 in cash!

The first satellite is held on Full Tilt Poker (a freeroll) February 10th.

Right now there's only 34 players signed up, the top 4 advance to a single-table semi-final in February. The fields aren't going to get any smaller as word of this promotion spreads. So if you want in, you'll want to play some of the earlier events to have less competition.

Hope the tables & life are treating you well, and I look forward to you playing in our WPT satellite for free!

AJ
President
www.RakeReport.net