Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Session No. 79 Monday (1/28)

4/8-Kill: TP = -$100 TT: 2 Hrs 30 Mins

Wow...remind me not to go on a Monday/Tuesday night out to Cache...such a dead table. Rockiest 4/8 table ever.

So I rolled up there with the SD and found myself on the waiting list for a good 30 minutes before I was finally able to get a seat. When I finally sat down and played an orbit, I found something extremely peculiar: Everyone was folding. There was maybe three to a flop on average, and hands were getting folded to the blinds almost religiously. I figured it wasn't a big deal and people would snap out of it eventually.

I was wrong. In retrospect, I should have asked for a table change, but instead I just looked at the SD and suggested taking off sometime in the next half hour and coming back on Wednesday (action is usually really good on Wednesday because of the weekly NL Donkament). The 30 minutes turned into an hour and 30 minutes as the action picked up a little bit, but still not enough to my liking. We finally decided to leave after the two loosest players at the table took off, leaving us with one lag and four rocks.

To be honest, I was pretty card dead throughout the session. My late-position hands were usually complete trash. Had I been dealt some mid-suited connectors, off-suit face cards, or other playable hands such as those, I might have raised and pushed around the tight/passive table. Unfortunately, I usually found those hands in early position, and opted to just fold and wait instead of put myself in any difficult decisions out of position.

Here are a couple of interesting HHs from the session:

Hand 1 I have A:s:Q:d: somewhere in MP(seat 7). Seat 5 (an older black man), limps in front of me, I raise, folds around to the SB, an older Asian woman (seat 1, somewhat LPP) who calls, BB folds.

Flop: K:d:8:d:3:h:

That's probably not the correct flop, but I basically remember it being K-high and having a couple diamonds. It gets checked to me, I bet, and seat five is the only one that calls. I have played with him alot in the past month or so, as this is probably the fourth session I've played with him. If he's paying attention, which I think he has been, he should know I'm tight/solid. He floats alot of flops, so his call didn't bother me too much.

Turn: 9:d:

The third diamond hits. He checks, and I think about checking behind, but opt to bet instead, trying to represent a big enough hand that I'm not overly afraid of a flush. Seat 5 opts to fold and show J:h:J:s:. Wow. I had been playing with this guy quite a bit, but I had no idea he was capable of open-limping jacks and then playing them so passively. Whatever, I'll take it.

Hand 2 is just as strange, as I was dealt TT (forgot the suits, but I think I have a spade) UTG+1. I raise, and get cold-called by seat 1, seat 2 (a new player, seems a bit LPP), and seat 3 who has the button (Laggy player). The old man in seat 5 comes along for the ride as well out of the BB and we see a flop of...

Flop: Q:s:5:s:2:c:

Checked to me, I bet, seat one calls, seats two and three fold, and seat five calls.

Turn: A:h:

Seat 5 checks to me, and I bet out yet again. Seat one was capable of floating a lot of crap on the flop (as she had floated pretty much anything/everything all day), so I remember being a little worried of A-rag or some other crap she might have just got there with. Thankfully she folded, but seat 5 called. Blech. I guess he has a Queen?

River: 9:c:

Seat five checks, and I check behind. I remember saying "well if you flopped a queen your good." He takes awhile to show, but when he finally does, he sheepishly turned over 8:h:2:h: for bottom pair. Wow...he can lay down JJ to me on a K-high board, but will call me down on an AQxx board with bottom pair??? K...

Anyway, that's enough hands for now, I'm tired. This month has been kinda crappy, hopefully I can turn things around starting Wednesday. Wish me luck and thanks for reading.

No comments: