Thursday, January 10, 2008

Session No. 72 Cache Tues (1/8)

4/8-Kill: TP = +$235 TT: 4 Hrs

Yes you read that correctly, after getting back in town from Jackson Tuesday night, I drove to the Superdonk's house, picked him up, and off we went to Cache to play something I actually play well...limit! We got there around 8pm or so and I immediately got involved in some juicy pots.

Hero has 88 UTG.

Pre-flop: Hero raises, I think everyone but a couple spectators on the rail called this raise pre-flop...

Flop: 863

Nice. Bet, called by a ton of people

Turn: Board gets uglier

Bet, called by a few people

River: One possible straight combo is out, but I still bet and get called in a couple spots.

Set of eights were good obv.


After that I couldn't get a hand to hold until I get mixed up in a nice kill-pot. Hero has KJ of diamonds in the cutoff...I raise, get four callers (awesome).

Flop: A:d:T:c:8:s:

Decent flop. I have a backdoor flush draw to go with my gutty, and I can represent the ace since I've been playing pretty solid. It checks to me, and I c-bet, hoping the button folds and I can check-behind on the turn if I get too many callers and see a free river. Instead I get called by all but one player...oh well.

Turn: Q:s:

Hallelujah praise Jesus! Checks to me, I bet, donk OTB raises, kid in the BB calls off his last $30, folds to me and I 3-bet. Donk calls. Worst case scenario is I'm chopping/the guy has a freeroll to the spades, after he only calls the 3-bet I'm guessing he has some crappy two pair.

River: 4:c:

Complete blank...thank you thank you thank you. I bet, donk calls, I show the nuts and rake in a monster pot. <3 Kill pots <3 Live poker

Villain had j9os btw for a smaller straight...tough beat I guess, but that's why you don't call my raises with off-suit gap connectors pre-flop against me.

After that the rest of the night was pretty standard...aside from this ridiculous free slot tournament going on for the rest of the month...I definitely need to bring my Ipod with me tomorrow (Thursday)...stay tuned for updates.

No comments: