Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Session No. 71 Jackson Mon/Tues (1/7-1/8)

1/2 NL: TP = -$30 TT: 12 Hrs

So I played a good 12 hours or so combined for Monday and Tuesday. I played the majority of those hours on Monday (nine hours) and then a quick session Tuesday. I'd say I definitely have some things to work on (which would include bet-sizing, developing a looser-image, being more aggro on later streets, etc) but I think my overall play was pretty good. I got my money in bad once, but I think that was unavoidable. And you guys know I usually don't like to complain, but I did get three-outered twice and two-outered once...all in some very significant pots. I won't dwell on those for too-long:

- Trip 3's (A3) on a 337 flop, K on the turn vs KQ...we get it all-in on the turn ($220+ pot), River is a King.

- I flop trip tens with KT vs JT...turn is a Jack. ($400+ pot)

- I turn trip Aces with A9 out of the BB against A8. River is an eight ($300+ pot)

So besides those, I did okay...I think. This next hand was pretty awesome...

Hero has 99 UTG+2. Villain with KQ and JT up there in those bad beat hands raises to $12 UTG (he claimed to have Aces, dunno bout that). Villain UTG+1 calls (he ends up having KK...zomg thanks for not re-raising). Hero calls with $360 behind (implied odds FTW!), Villain1 covers, Villain2 has about $200 in his stack.

So the flop is fantastically awesome aside from a couple diamonds:

Flop: 9:d:7:d:4:c:

Villain1 leads out $50 and I immediately thought he had a really big hand. First off, he hadn't raised very much at all pre-flop, so along with him being UTG, I put two and two together and decided he has an over-pair...please double me up! Villain2 then raised to $100. Wow, didn't see that coming...I was thinking he might have a diamond-draw or another over-pair (maybe tens?) or possibly a smaller set (that'd be even more awesome!). I tanked for a few seconds...and then decided to shove. After reading the forums on what to do in this spot, I thought shoving was the best play. I want Villain1 to maybe put me an a smaller over-pair or a flush draw and just make it look like I am trying to push him off his hand.

Villain1 suprisingly folded (not sure if he had aces, but he seemed really sincere about it the rest of the night, even as we were both cashing out) and then villain2 (pocket kings) tanks for like thirty-seconds. He immediately said "I think you have a set...god you have a set don't you?" I didn't respond, but in my mind I was just hoping he would commit the last of his ~$80 or so and let me please for once this trip dodge a freaking two-outer. Villain finally calls, the board bricks out, and I rake in my biggest pot of the trip. Boom.

No comments: