Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Couple Quickies

Played Thursday night for a little bit, broke about even (I think I won like $25). Played late Friday night (probably started around 11pm after a quick nap) and made a rack ($200) or so in a few hours. What's kind of odd is that it was actually a bit of a slow night for me tonight in terms of hands played, I just seemed to get in with some good hands, have them hold, then fold the rest of the time. Obviously winning is the most important thing so I'm happy with the results, like I said, I just thought it was strange not to be mixing it up as much as I'm used to.

I need to talk about a hand from the Thursday night session that I thought was worth mentioning, but I guess I'll address tonight since it's still fresh in my head. Basically when I got to the table I immediately started sailvating. The table was very loose and seemed to be building a lot of pots early and often.

Seat one was this middle-aged black dude that I've played with before, defninitely far from solid. Seat two was a dealer named Chi that I've only played with once before, and during that session he was actually hemorraging chips at 4/8 for fun. It would turn out that he was playing super solid (I have a ton of respect for his game now to be honest, when he was in a hand he had the goods). Seat three was a younger white kid that looked like an online player, backwards hat, talked a lot about odds, haha whatever. He played okay, ran really good, but was still kinda loose pre. Seat four was an older Indian dude (dot, not feather) :-P who was absolutely terrible. I saw him call a bet then attempt to muck his cards immediately after calling at least three times. You didn't read that wrong, he tried to muck his hand after calling a bet on the turn. "I meant to fold, but I called..."

Serious wtf. Seat five was open for awhile but would later be filled by another dealer, she's pretty taggish but can be lappish sometimes. Seat six was a bit of a goofball player, definitely a donater. He blames dealers alot for his misfortune, but he's pretty nice to me whenever we play so I'll cut him some slack. Anyway, he's definitely LPP. Seat seven was a Lagtard who would swing from two racks of chips in front of him to six racks in front of him at least twice while I was there. Seat eight was yours truly and then seat nine was this taller asian dude who was also a bit laggy. So yeah, fantastic table. Sorry for rambling about the table make-up, just wanted to emphasize how great this table was.

So yeah, I folded my first three orbits just being absolutely card dead, but it gave me time to take mental notes and see how everyone was playing. I was actually getting afraid that perhaps my image was going to be really bad and keep me from getting paid when I finally do play a pot. So knowing what you know, I pick up red fives in EP and limp behind seat seven who was UTG. Seat nine raises, it gets called by seat one, the internetish looking kid in seat three and the blinds in four and six call as well, so do the rest of us.

Flop: KT5 rainbow

Weeee bottom set in a big multiway pot, checks to me, I check obviously looking for seat nine to bet, trap some callers in between us, then CR once it got back to me. Unfortunately seat nine checked and it gets to seat three who bets, folded to me, I raise, seat nine gurriedly threw three chips in, but once he saw that I had raised he apologized and took his chips back. Totally fine, I like it when people play quickly so if they accidentally call thinking it was only one bet I'm not gonna be an ass. Folds to seat three who just calls. Bummer. Oh well, pot was still pretty big because of the action pre-flop.

The turn was a bit of a scary card, a jack I believe, put a broadway straight out there, but I bet and was only called. The river was a harmless number card I can't remember, again I fired, seat three tanked and finally called. Obviously I was good and raked in a sweet pot.

I would go on to get fives once again, this time after two limpers. I limped behind OTB, the blinds called/checked their option and we saw a flop of 652 rainbow. Weeee middle set this time, checks to seat six who bets out, seat seven folds, and I opt to raise because of how coordinated the board was. Seat one (BB in the hand called two cold) and seat six also called.

The turn was an ace of clubs, I was really hoping it'd be a money card. It wasn't, as the players checked to me and again they both called. Hmmm wonder what they have...river was a beautiful red jack, so unless someone was super slowplaying their flopped straight (0% chance of this with these two players actually) I knew I had this hand locked up. Checked to me, I bet, seat one calls and seat six folds telling me he head 54 and that I hit the case five in the deck. Sweet, go me.

Hmm, I'm afraid this entry may be too long already, so I'll talk about the hand from Thursday night tomorrow. Basically I hero-called the river with two pair when I was all but certain I was beat by a one card straight (board was 98754), but since there was so much money in the pot I called and was actually goooooot. Haha I'm such a donkey, til next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: