Wednesday, May 6, 2009

First Ever High Hand Jackpot

Well after work Monday (training day...lame) I decided to head over to Capitol to play some midday 6/12 action. Game wasn't too bad...actually, the action was really good compared to most of the midday Cap sessions I've had. So I sat down around 4pm and at 4:10 pm I get black tens UTG in seat eight. I raise, get cold-called by someone in MP, and then seat seven in the BB 3-bets me. I cap and we're three handed to the flop of T66.

Wow, pretty good flop I guess. SB leads out and I opt to just call, looking to drag in the player behind me. In retrospect, I think maybe I should raise the flop and then it could get capped if BB has a big overpair. I think I just got too fancy and I could have actually disguised my boat much better.

The turn in another ten, obviously crippling the deck and makes my above paragraph look ROT, but in all honesty I think raising the flop is the right play with that much action from the BB. BB leads again and this time I really just call. Now I just want him to fire the river again or please please please boat up on the river.

The river is a three and finally the BB checks. I bet and he calls me, showing aces. Hehe, I suck out goot. I didn't think much of the hand, like "yay quads," because normally the high hand for the shift (Capitol runs a $200 High Hand promotion every eight hours) is a straight flush. The jackpot was over at 4:30 (It was now 4:10), so when seat two said "hey that's a high hand" I just kinda smirked and said "yeah like tens are good."

The floorman actually came over though and said "four tens, six kicker" and then informed me I only had to hold for 15 minutes. :shockface: Wow, HOLLLLLLLLLLLD! Long story short I held...first ever high hand jackpot. I run bad at those.

Aside from that I came up about a rack and a half for the night, so about a $500 day if you include the jackpot. Had some big pairs hold finally, and overall just ran pretty solid.

I went back to play a quick three hour session on Tuesaday and donated a couple red stacks ($40 a piece, so about 80 bucks) back to the game, but this session was much more action packed, especially for only three hours. Here's the HH for one sick pot.

Limped in two spots, one fold, and I raise red eights in MP, called by everyone behind me, and BB goes all-in for two more chips. So that's eight chips for eight players already...seven active players, one all-in.

Flop: 984 with two spades

Wowwwwww. SB donks, call, call, I raise, call, 3-bet and capped.

I think 5 players, 4 bets a piece (84 chips in the pot minus four for rake so 80 chips)

Turn: red three

SB bets, call, fold, I raise, one fold, SB calls, call


Three players, 12 chips a piece (116 chip pot)

River: 5 of spades

SB bets, call and I call

He shows K2 of spades and rakes in a sick pot...ugh blank out and I win about a rack in profit of chips...

Can't complain much though, good last couple of days, hope I can keep it up. Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Good post! You are becoming an everyday blogger?

NYRambler said...

quad 10s as high hand of the day? mbn.

Nik Santi said...

High hand for the eight hour period...

Shifts:

1230am-830am
830am-430pm
430pm-1230am


Champ, just blogging as I play...trying to stay consistent 8)

Fender403 said...

Holllld!

Nice work.

SuperDonk said...

High Hand finnally! Now all you need to do is hit BB JackPot!

Nik Santi said...

Then somehow find a way to hide my identity so I don't have to ship you 25% ;-)