Sunday, May 10, 2009

6/12 Junkie Part I (Thursday Night Action)

Basically I had training for my new job everyday last week avout five minutes away from Cap, so I found myself rolling by for at least a few hours everyday this past week but Friday (the Superdonk's Bday dinner/bars/club/whatever).

Thursday was probably the most action packed night of the week. I started off the day down about $140, swung all the way up to +$400 at one point, and ended with me leaving up about $50 (doh).

I was all over the map today with a lot of good hand histories I wish I could remember. I'll give me a few fun ones, but I'll use this time to tell ya I was up two racks with the plan of leaving in about an hour, picked up aces three times (twice in the BB), got involved in some heavy raising five or six players to a flop and lost all three. Straight brutal, but completely standard in this kinda game...it happens.

I'll talk about one of those hands since there was so much action. Limped in two or three spots, Raj on the button in seat eight raises (nothing new, Raj is a complete maniac at this point, raising once every three hands or so). If he's coming into a pot, whether it be AK or 54suited, Raj is raising. SB calls and I'm in the BB in the two seat with AA (club/diamond) and pump it back up to three bets. The limpers call, Raj caps, and we see a flop six ways capped pre.

The flop is super draw heavy, I believe it's something like Q94 with two spades

SB checks, I bet, limper raises, call, one fold, Raj three balls, SB calls three cold, I cap, four callers

At this point I wasn't insanely worried (I capped), but obviously at this point I have to be afraid spades and straight draws. Raj, while maniacly aggro pre-flop, doesn't get incredibly carried away after the flop. In fact, I respect his flop/turn/river game most of the time, and his 3-bet really told me he either has an overpair like Kings (he's getting coolered), Queens (coolering me with top set), maybe AQ or has the nut-flush draw (K-high draw is probable here too). I really wanted a four to come off, and I got my wish.

The turn brought out a four of spades. Oops...I meant an off-suit four. SB checks, and with three people behind me, I opt to puke on myself and check to see what happens. These players hadn't been too tricky to this point, so if it's two bets back to me I think I can correctly fold. Usually I fire this turn even though it's a scare card, but with this many players behind, I opted to check and see what happened.

The limper who raised my flop bet bet-out, limper2 called, Raj raised, SB folds, and now I decide to fold. I didn't really tank over it at all, I really thought Raj's hand just looked so much like Queens full or nut-flush, not to mention I think the turn bettor has me beat at this point as well. I almost never fold aces post-flop in this game, so me folding and with so much ease was really rare. The turn bettor end up calling, and then limper2 wakes up and says "you want to raise? here I'll raise now too" and 3-bets. Wow wtf? Interesting...

Raj caps and the three see a blank river. The first limper checks now, limper2 still bets, Raj calls and the other limper calls. Limper2 shows quad fours (nice), Raj shows AJ of spades (sick cooler), and the other player doesn't show. That was a fun hand.

I'll end this entry with one more quick HH. Some quick history, seat nine is a complete monkey donktard, in that she is just all over the map with raising and calling and w/e, basically you can't really read a hand she's playing, but you can pretty much guarantee it doesn't matter because she's awful.

Anyway she limps in, seat one limps in, I look down at red kings and raise, BB defends and seats nine and one decide to call.

The flop is K55 with a couple of spades. It gets checked to me, and of course I decide to bet. A lot of people like to get cute and check behind, then raise if anyone decides to bet the turn, but obviously that just spells out Kings full, so what's the best way to conceal a monster? The answer is bet, especially when you're playing against complete tools (see seat nine).

Anyway I bet, BB folds, seat nine starts tanking and I get scared that I maybe I shoulda checked. She calls and then seat one folds. This is good I guess, HU with the donktard that's capable of just about anything.

The turn is a six, no spades. I bet again and really hope she's on a flush draw. All of a sudden I see her trying to stack chips for a CR. Oh another quick blurb, she came to the table with four racks of chips, obviously on one of those luckbox heaters, so she's ready to spew some chips. After a quick commercial break seat nine finally gets 12 chips past the yellow line, and I snap 3-bet her. She goes back to her chips and again starts trying to stack 12 chips. AWESOME! A good analogy here is like watching a hot chick jogging down the block in a sports bra...not only that, but I get to watch it in slow motion, and she's tripping over herself to boot.

Anyway, she four bets, I snap five bet, and finally she opts to just call. Awww, no more raising? Bummer.

The river is a six, so now the board is K5566. Considering the action on the turn, I might actually be worried about pocket sixes quading up here (if I wasn't facing seat nine), but when I saw that card I thought "oh wow that might actually get me more action. Again seat nine bets, I hide my giddyness and raise, and unfortunately she just calls. I show Kings, everyone else at the table is saying "ldo (like duh obv)" to themselves and I have fun stacking a shitload of seat nine's red $2 chips. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'll probably blog some more tomorrow morning about this session, and then go over my quick Saturday session I had with Tony and Tommy as well. No time to proof read so I hope this all is kinda grammar friendly, makes sense and was enjoyable. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Fender403 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fender403 said...

That Kings hand was siiiiick.

+1 for the analogy.

SuperDonk said...

Sickness, I loved that kings hand!