Tuesday, May 12, 2009

6/12 Junkie Part II (Thursday and Saturday)

Alright well like I mentioned Thursday was a fun day. A lot of action, a lot of swinging, and I ended the day up a little over a stack. Boooooooo. One more hand from that session, will show people a "play" that is commonly used in LHE.

So like I mentioned last time, Raj was opening a ton of pots and just being a typical maniac pre-flop. He raised somewhere in EP, maybe UTG or UTG+1. I looked down at AQos and 3-bet it. I think BB may have called and then Raj capped.

Three players to a flop of QQ7 with two diamonds. Obviously a money flop for me, BB checks to Raj who bets, I raise, BB folds, Raj 3-bets and I just call. I raised in case BB was on a flush draw, wanting to charge him max value, but also felt like Raj would continue to play whatever hand he had fast. I think my AQ is actually disguised really well to this point, especially when I just call his 3-bet. Now he's almost guaranteed to lead the turn thining he's still ahead and I can pop him for two big bets.

The turn is a blank, he bets, I raise, and he finally calls. River is another blank and he check/calls to see the bad news. Fun times.

Saturday was a quick little session, I think I came up two stacks this time (yay), so about $120 combined for a couple days. Not the best winrate, but a win is a win I guess and I'll take winning a little over losing a lot anyday. I was up about a rack, but a bad last couple or orbits knocked me down a few stacks so oh well, whateva.

One hand I'll talk about is a killpot I got involved in with a maniac. Maniac raised pre-flop, and it was HU so I called out of the BB with KQos. I was actually very prepared to go to showdown with K-high against this guy, but I ended up getting a Queen-high flop.

The flop was something like Q83 with two hearts, I had the King of hearts. I check, Villain bets $12 and I CR to $24 (remember it's a killpot). Villain calls and the turn is another baby heart. I bet $24 and he calls again. River blanks out, I fire one more time and get looked up...show my hand and I'm good. Weeeeeeeeeeee....

So yeah, gotta run now, but thanks for checking back. I plan on playing a couple times this week, so see ya soon.

2 comments:

SuperDonk said...

Nice play I need to try the call a raise and raise the turn play. Hopefully I won't butcher it.

Ross said...

I bet the minimum, as well as the maximum. (clever one arent i)