Monday, June 30, 2008

Revisiting the 9/18 Game (Failed Turn Semi-Bluff)

Alright well I know sometimes blogs get boring to read, especially if it's just a bunch of preaching or talking, so here's some action! I'll try and give you some hands as they happen chronologically in the session. I'll set this hand up for you real quick: I had been pretty quiet up to this point, folding a lot for a few orbits...still very early in my session.

All of a sudden I find myself in a Kill Pot, stakes are 18/36. Villain1 has been on a sick heater. He's had aces twice, kings twice, and is raising garbage from every position and hitting. He's also been shown to bluff alot and has yet to call down super light...so he's playing a bit like a maniac, but still trying to find folds on the end (i.e. he's not gonna showdown a-high or a pair of threes). I felt like I could exploit him on the turn/river in this hand.

Hero has KJ of spades in MP...there is no kill-blind...the stakes simply double

Folds to hero, hero calls (no point in making it $36, usually if you play it like that you'll win the $9 in blinds...(if there is a kill-blind, I raise here), folds to button who calls, Villain raises from the BB, Hero and Button call.

Flop: 993 one spade

Villain checks, Hero checks, Button checks

I thought the flop check was a bit odd...but I had seen villain take this line with air once and with a hand once, so either was possible I guess.

Turn: T of spades

Bingo...good card I think. Villain leads out, and I think for a second before I say "raise" and throw out 24 chips into the pot. Gutterball, K-high flush draw, and two overs...I like my hand right now for the most part. The button folds and the action goes back to the maniac who asks "how much is it more to call?" The dealer tells him it's 12 chips or $36...shit. Now I know villain has an actual hand and not just some whiffed connectors or even ace-high. He tanks for a bit, and then finally calls. Bah.

River: K of clubs

Orrrrr not bah? Villain checks, and this time I push out 12 chips and think I'm value-betting vs. QQ-TT, maybe even 88-66 with the way this guy had been playing. Unfortunately villain thinks for a little while longer before saying "well alright man, I know you got a nine, nice hand" and calls. I showed Kings up only and he took a deep sigh as he showed a couple red aces...again. Mother^&*^*&Hbre...of course this guy plays like a jackass throughout the time I'm there, but picks up Aces in a kill pot against me. I really wish he could find that fold button on the turn...at Cap, there's a $35 aces cracked jackpot (not nearly as awesome as Cache Creek's $100), so the $35 back when it costs him $72 to call down in that spot isn't that great...but it definitely helps I guess. That's a tough laydown to make, especially since he under-repped his hand a bit.

No comments: