Wednesday, June 4, 2008

JV Session Three: Mirage O8 and more 10/20

5/10 Omaha h/l: +$110
10/20: +$100

After getting re-charged with an In 'N Out run...



I made my way back to the Mirage poker room and decided to play some Omaha h/l with a full-kill to mix it up a little bit. LHE and hold 'em in general I guess had been ripping me a new asshole, so maybe using four cards instead of two could help me get back into gear.

I sat down and immediately recognized a dealer from the Mirage sitting to my right. His name is Barry (I think) and I actually remembered him from a summer ago. Solid player, and if he was playing in this game, it had to be "good." Anyway, I fold some shitty cards for about an orbit and spectate...everyone aside from Barry and this guy down on the other side of the table were pretty awful (from what I could judge via their pre-flop hand selection alone). I watched Barry get runner-runnered for half the pot (he flopped the nut flush) by this guy who called two bets cold on the flop to catch his running low draw. "Nice flop" was all I remember hearing lol...don't tap the glass Barry.

The first hand I actually played I raised in LP after a couple limpers. I had A278 double suited (ace-high clubs and the other diamonds), and got called in one spot behind me and the limpers called as well.

Flop came something like 346 with two spades and a club. Checks to me and I bet, guy to my direct left raises, one caller, and I call. At this point and even right now my O8 is a little hazy, but I think the correct play is to just call. I have no real clue how the guy to my left plays, but I currently have the nut low with no protection, and my only draw to the high is a gutshot straight draw with a flush draw on board.

The turn is a great card for me, a red nine. I'm now open-ended and still have the nut low. Check, I check, bet, call, and I call.

The river is a five not completing the flush...so the board is now 34569 and I have both the nut-low and nut-high. I donk-bet because I'm pretty sure it's getting checked through unless someone else has one of the same hands, both villains call, and then both muck when I show "nut-nut" for the scoop. "Weeeeeeeeeee"

Omaha guys feel free to comment on my play in that hand if it's completely off lol

Anyway, the game was a must-move, so after a little while it broke down and I ended up playing 10/20 for a few hours and making back a stack over there. I was about even on the day (I lost $200 at B earlier that day), so I was semi-relieved that I could have a winning session again and was only down $700 for the trip.

No comments: