Sunday, June 29, 2008

A New Yellow Chip Game (15/30)

So after an absolute awful showing at Cache, I decided to play some 9/18 against the Saturday night drunktards at Capitol. It's rare that I have a Saturday night off, so I figured I should take advantage of it. I rolled in around midnight or so and saw a 9/18 interest list with a handful of people on it, two super huge 4/8 lists, and then noticed their main table was taken up by players with stacks of yellow $5 chips. "Wow, no way...they actually got it to run" I thought to myself. Sam says "no 9/18 game, but we do have 15/30." I had seen signs saying they'd start spreading it, but no way I thought it'd run. Maybe this game would pull the NL players away from their 50bb max buy in shove monkey game ($500 buy in over there...sick gambling).

There were two open seats so I took the two seat and surveyed the table. The one seat would be open the first half of the night, the second half would be a young, muscular Asian kid with a mohawk and gangster like persona, came from the NL game. Seat three was this Asian player who kept getting coolered, it obv affected his game play and turned him super-passive. Eventually he went busted and was replaced by Sam the Floorman who plays pretty decently. Seat 4 was Chris (dealer, floor) from Cache Creek. Good player for the most part, tad more timid than I'd like a player to be, but he was def a solid thinking player. Seat 5 was this nerdy white guy wearing a practically see-through hanes t-shirt, glasses, and a Laker hat. I think his entire point of being there was to tilt me...he was the maniac at the table...played like absolute dogshit. Seat 6 was this reg Asian guy named Wilson...I overheard him say he enjoys higher staked LHE games "like this one" and it pretty much showed...he played pretty well most of the night. Seat 7 was a Slappish (slightly loose/slightly passive) Asian guy who was obv a NL player first, lhe player second. Seat 8 was empty for the first half, then later filled by a NL player (not very good at limit) and seat 9 was a mixture of people, but toward the end was this Mexican looking East-Indian guy who talked way too much and played almost as bad as seat 5. If I had to rank everyone...I'd say it'd go:

1. Wilson(6)/Me(2)/Chris(4)
2. Sam(3)/Nit(3)/Slappy(7)
3. Mohawk(1)/NLdonk(8)
4. Laker(5)/Douchebag(9)

The first couple of hands I'm going to talk about are a couple tough beats I took. I started the table off pretty slow, but I won a big pot with AK of clubs early on that eased the pain of being card dead while the Laker fan went on a murdering spree. He raised every hand with absolute shit and won every hand. He had about $2k in front of him when I left...after being down to about $400. I lulled alot, then these two hands came up within two orbits and sent me from +$300ish to down a couple hundred.

The first hand I was dealt AKos UTG+1 and raise, I get called by three spots behind me (Laker, Slappy, Nldonk) and the BB in front of me (douchebag). Flop comes A97 rainbow, checks to me, I bet, get called in every spot. Meh...Turn is a red deuce, good card. I bet, called by Laker and d-bag. I'm thinking "deuce, deuce" for the river and hear seat 5 ask for the same. "huh?" River is a two, checks to me, I bet, Laker raises and I say "wow, I thought I heard you say deuce." He gets all jumpy and starts acting nervous "haha yeah I did blah blah" so I call and he turns over 92 of spades. Ummm...yeeeeah. "He had a backdoor flush draw" I hear seat nine say...lol. Nice cold-call pre, nice flop...nice turn...lol. Sam just looks at me and says "wow, I thought that'd be a perfect river for you in a 15/30 game." No kidding man.

The next hand is probably an orbit later where I raise with a couple black kings. Laker 3-bets me (good), Slappy calls (wtf?), NLdonks calls, seat 9 calls from the BB, I cap, we're 5-handed to a flop of T-high...T64 I believe. Checks to me, I bet, all call. Turn is a J...definitely ugly...but still. Checks to me, I bet, all but slappy call. River is a 4. Great river card. Check to me, I bet, call, call, seat nine starts tanking/talking and talking about if he raises and I re-raise he pukes blah blah, he might have me blah blah...I just start praying he has AJ and thinks TP might deserve a raise. He finally just calls and I show the black Kings. Sam says "oh man that's way good" until seat nine says "that's not good enough" and shows 43 of hearts. LOL. I just hear Chris say "wow, wow wow, this is your guys' main game? I played at Bellagio vs. guys waiting for their 100/200 game who played like this, but this is your guys' main game and they play like this hahahaha." Sam says "man that's two rivers now that looked good for you" and I just respond with a "yeah, guess I just need to start asking the dealer to only deal flops and turns, no rivers :-)"

After those two hands I was stuck a couple stacks and was seriously debating hanging myself with my belt in the nearest bathroom, unfortunately the beams they have in their stalls aren't all that sturdy. I went three or four more orbits, winning a couple smallish pots and getting pretty close to even, then I started to feel the exhaustion setting in. I only slept maybe three hours after the night at Cache, so I could feel myself coming close to dozing off at the table. The Superdonk finally came over to me and said he was ready to bounce whenever I was ready, so I told him a couple more orbits and I was good. Nothing exciting happened after that as I cashed out $420 of my original $500 buy in...things definitely could have gone worse, but they also could have gone much better. Oh well, shit happens, especially playing against window-lickers in a 15/30 game. Hopefully I take a couple racks off the table next time. Thanks for reading.

No comments: