Thursday, June 5, 2008

JV Session Five: Mirage O8 and 10/20; Harrah's 1/2 NL

5/10 O8: +$130
10/20: -$20
1/2 NL: +$140

The O8 was so good Thurs night because this doofus sat down with $600 and live-straddled for about an hour until he was out of money. Some really awesome things doofus did:

- Jammed up a 245 flop with a naked 3...about 20 minutes later I heard him say "oh you have to use two cards in Omaha. K got it...no problem, I got this game now."
- Looks at his first two cards and hear him say "wow, I got to raise, even just by looking at two cards." Turns out the first two cards was a pair of nines
- Watch him jam up a pot where he has a King-high flush draw and gutty...both for the high hand, he has no low draw...guy to my direct left has the nut flush draw to go with his nut low draw and proceeds to cornhole the doofus for an easy ~$200+ pot.
- One of the last hands doofus raises (completely standard) I call with some double suited junk out of the BB and we're heads up. The flop comes Q-high and I have a diamond flush...9-high I believe. I check, he checks behind. Turn is a blank and I now have a low draw, I bet, he raises...I think "**** I just got hollywooded by the d-bag at the table" I call. River is a blank, no low got there, I check, he bets, I call and he says with extreme confidence, "THREE QUEENS." I quickly blurt out "yeah that's not good" and show my 9-high flush with pride, which causes the four other players (we're playing 6-handed) to start laughing pretty hard...I felt bad everyone was laughing at the guy...but not really.

I ended up playing with one of the guys next day, and he told me that he had told all of his friends about the guy spewing $600, but his favorite part of the night was the fact that some guy (me) could snap-call him with a 9-high flush with such confidence and be correct in doing so, that and my "yeah that's not good" line was hilarious.

10/20 was more of the same breaking even bullshit while Deuce destroyed the table for at least $700. I think we played against a really drunk guy five handed, and I kept getting my monsters cracked by him...oh well, can't fleece the donks everytime. This table broke up around 6am, so me and Deuce parted ways and I rolled back into Harrah's still itching to play a little bit.

Harrah's was my first winning NL session of the trip. My one big hand was where I get it all-in on the turn against tens with Kings on an all-unders board. The guy was kinda short, so I think I may have won $150 or so off that hand. It was a bit of a nitfest toward the end of the night (morning), so I hung around til about 930am or so and finally called it a day.

No comments: