Friday, June 6, 2008

JV Session Six: Mirage O8 and 10/20...see a pattern?

5/10 O8: +$115
10/20: +$60

I think I woke up around 6pm or so Friday after playing all night at Mirage and then winning some money at Harrah's 1/2NL game. I felt awful, was still running kinda shitty, so I decided to play some O8 with Shabba. I ran pretty well at O8 this trip, and think I came up about a hundo again after I rivered quads against this asian girl (not cute, but would def get a grudge hump from me) named Rose who I ended up playing alot of O8, 10/20, and even 8/16 at Bellagio with. Too bad she wasn't all that cute, because she commented on my game (poker) a few different times throughout the trip...the first time I thought it was a bit back-handed "you play omaha a lot better than you play 10/20" but she explained herself and said she meant I play Omaha better than she's seen around Mirage. Cool...whatever. I just know basic concepts and have good pre-flop card selection...but then again, everyone there is so awful it's easy to see why she'd say that.

Moving on, the 10/20 table that night was a lot of fun. Some cute thick girl with a gwen stefani hat was playing out of the one seat, a few different guys would occupy the two, deuce in three, tommy in four, me in five, pika in the seven, drunk/loud Canadian/Scot in the eight, older botox fake *****/lips (meh...not hot, sorry pika) asian chick in the nine and eventually Rose (grudge hump) moved to the 10 seat.

I ran a lot better at 10/20 this night than most of the others, as I had Kings hold a few different times, mostly against Rose. It was funny, her and Tommy kept talking a lot of shit back and forth, both obv hated each other. At one point he leaned over and thanked me for steamrolling her with the few hands I played against her so far...

I can't remember exactly how much I made, it wasn't anything significant, but Deuce crushed the game again for at least $700+. The table quieted up considerably after the Canadian guy's red bull vodkas made him too drunk to continue the obnoxious trash talk...him and I had a pretty good Mexico vs Canada shit-talk fest going which was pretty fun for all involved. I think we finally broke the game when we dropped down to five-handed (me, deuce, pika, canadian guy, and someone else)...there was basically no money to be made off the table anymore. I called it an earlier night/morning than I did the night before and tried to focus on getting enough sleep for Saturday.

No comments: