Friday, June 27, 2008

Return to the 9/18

So I've got to make this somewhat quick, now that I've been up for more than 24 hours...anyway, I went to Capitol mainly out of boredom yesterday and figured I'd play a six hour session or so before work. The 4/8 lists were packed, and I noticed a full 9/18 table with no waiting list so I said "f it"

Now, I've been semi-avoiding the game for a few reasons, all of which presented themselves yesterday. First off, you never know when the game is going to break. It came pretty close a few times throughout the session, once when I was stuck close to $400...

I hate having that game break when I'm stuck around a rack ($300) because if it does break, $300 turns into three racks (4/8) instead of just the one. Basically I don't want to get stuck in a deep hole and find out I'll have to dig my way out with chopsticks. Secondly, the game can get nitty. I was smart enough to leave at around 9pm instead of waiting to the last minute to go to work. The game had toughened up considerably since I sat down around 3pm, so calling it quits a bit early was the smart thing to do. Lastly, the game does softplay at times between the regs...and since it's their homecourt, there's basically nothing I can say or do to stop them, especially since some of the players in the game are dealers off shift. Thankfully they play bad enough (and seemingly) not working together so the game is still beatable, I'm just constantly weary of what's going on.

Anyway, I'm rambling now and it shows, so I'll just say I got kicked kinda hard early on. Couldn't even find cards to raise from anywhere I was so card dead, then did find some cards to raise but not hold...eventually I was down close to $400, but found some good hands and good spots to swing back to +$320 ($720 swing) before calling it a night. Weeeeeeeeee? Yeah, I'd say so.

I should be playing some 4/8-Kill tonight at the creek with the Superdonk, then maybe some 9/18 Saturday at Cap or back to the creek for more 4/8...guess we'll have to see. Hopefully I find time to come back and blog about some hands from this session though, I had a few interesting spots.

KJ of spades kill pot (kill pot is 18/36 stakes)
Aces kill pot
KJ of spades huge flop I blank out on

Catch ya guys later

No comments: