Saturday, July 26, 2008

Friday Night 15/30 (7/25) Part II

Alright well I feel awful...fuck waking up at 1pm in the heat...damn AC going off for some reason lol. It's all better now though, just a little headache...slightly hungry...standard.

Okay so where I left off I was running pretty well, up close to a rack at 15/30 and up another $160 from 4/8, I was feeling good, but realized I had only been there for an hour and a half or so, and the blind structure makes the game like a rollercoaster. Being up a rack and then being even ten minutes later is not inconceivable.

So yeah, AJ of hearts, capped pre. I ended up calling for a gutty/over on the flop for one bet, having the turn get checked through, then fold after the girl in seat one made her straight and I blanked out.

About an orbit later I picked up QJ of spades UTG+1. We're seven handed at this point, I raised, called by the taggy guy (he only seemed to play pots with me for some reason) and then called by the laggy east-Indian woman in seat one defending her BB. The flop came T83 rainbow...a couple overs and a gutterball. Checks to me, I bet, tag calls, BB raises, I call, tag calls. The turn is a nine of hearts, giving me the nut straight and putting a heart flush draw out.

The BB bet into me, I raised, the tag folded, and she called. The river was a harmless ace of spades, she checks, I bet, she called. Sick suckout for a good pot...I guess she flopped two pair? Not sure, because she defended her BB with a very wide range.

Anyway, off to grab some food, I think I'll come back and update this later tonight or tomorrow morning after work.

9 comments:

MackemPlus1 said...

A hand as weak as AJ in a capped pot pre-flop?

You should have poker taken away from you.....

Nik Santi said...

You obv don't play in California ;-)

MackemPlus1 said...

I don't play much limit hold em but if you're playing a capped pot with AJ I might have to.

There can be no justification for it :)

Nik Santi said...

Well I open-raised from MP, the button (laggish) 3-bet and then the BB (spewtard) capped.

Against these two, there was a good chance I was in first and at least second place pre-flop.

Fly out man, probably the easiest LHE game you'll ever play.

Anonymous said...

dude banned? thats a little over the top right?

garrywhite112386 said...

|Hey Nik, its garrywhite112386 from over at Cardplayer... |I went to Atlantic city for the weekend and when i got back i found out i was banned??????? |What the hell right? was it cuz of all that stupid ryzies mom stuff?? you gotta help me out and get me unbanned bro, if you could help me out at all id really appreciate it... thanks man

Nik Santi said...

I'll see what's going on for both of you guys.

Scott, check your myspace inbox.

garrywhite112386 said...

thanks a lot bro, my email is garrywhite112386@hotmail.com, or you can just post replies here and ill check for them

Nik Santi said...

You're back in garry