Friday, July 11, 2008

Shitty Week

Alright well after a fun last couple of weeks of playing 15/30, I hit a bit of a roadblock that had nothing to do with poker. Fourth of July I was driving home from work and stopped by the store for a bag of hot wings (picking them up for a 4th of July BBQ my mom always does). As I get out to my car I put it in reverse, then go to put my car and drive and...nothing. Neutral. Fuck...tranny finally took a shit on me. It was over a year in the making, as when I bought the car I could tell the transmission wasn't all there. It's a good car, and hopefully replacing the tranny is the last thing this car needs for a long time. So yeah, that's going to be about 2.5-3k out the door.

Around the same time I noticed my phone charger must have started taking a shit on me, since my phone wasn't charging all the way for a couple days and lately it hadn't been charging at all. Sunday morning I got off work and the phone was completely gone...Oh well I thought, I'd just borrow one of my parent's cars sometime in the week and get a charger. I got a pretty cool deal on a charger through my friend's wife on Tuesday (cost me $5 instead of $30 lol) and was too stupid to check and make sure it was in fact the charger that was broken and not my POS phone before I left her work Tuesday. Well it turns out I get home and the phone's broken...boooooo, replacement phone yesterday ftw. So I went most of this week without a car and without a phone...pretty lame.

Hopefully next week the car will be good as new, the new phone will still work, and maybe I'll get a few good sessions in. I'll catch up with you guys then.

No comments: