Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Night 15/30 (7/25)

Well I guess I should title this entry "Capital Friday Night Session" since I played a couple hours of 4/8-Kill before jumping onto the 15/30 game, but whatever. I ran pretty well at 4/8, made a couple big hands hold and then hit some draws out of the blinds to leave that game +$160 before going over to the yellow chip game.

Once I got to 15/30 my cards slowed down considerably. I folded my first four hands, got raised off both my blinds, folded some more, finally saw a flop out of my 2nd BB, missed a flush draw/gutty combo that lost me a stack ($100), then folded some more. That brutal three orbit run all but killed my 4/8 profit. Oh well, that's how it goes I guess.

Finally I picked up a big hand UTG+1 (KK) sometime in my fourth orbit. I raise from the four seat, get called by a taggy player in seat six and an older white lady in seat seven...both the blinds fold. The flop was K98 rainbow. Bingo, about damn time. I bet, taggy guy raises, older white lady (who was very much lpp) 3-bets, and I cap. Wow...wtf do they have?

At this point I'm fearing basically any/every straight draw combo out there. The turn is a good card, something like a four of clubs. It puts the club flush draw out there, but I still have the nuts. I bet, call, and call. Okay...please please hold.

The river is a three of clubs...a bit "meh," but unless the taggy guy has something like JT of clubs, I'm pretty sure my hand is good. I bet, taggy guy calls, and then the old lady goes in the tank and starts talking about how her two pair can't be good. I see her flash a King and then she tossed her cards in the muck. I guess since the taggy guy was calling me down (she knew how he played I guess?) that she knew she must be beat. I showed a set of kings, seat five showed a set of nines (wtf? I lose at least three bets on the turn) and the lady says she had both of our cards (K9)...what a sick sick hand. I dunno if I believe her, but she didn't seem like the player to be three-betting anything less that two pair on that flop...??? Whatever.

So yeah, I was almost even for the day before that hand was dealt, but after the hand, let's just say I was comfortable again. Very next hand seat three gets up for a smoke break so I posted the BB. Two limpers, small blind completed, and I looked down at JJ. Raise. Flop: AJ4 with two spades. Sick. I bet, older white lady calls, everyone else folded. Turn is a small card. Bet/call. River is a four and I boat up...I bet, and seat seven folds a couple spades face up. Good dodge...up close to $400 now. Heat check.

About an orbit later I win a couple more hands back to back...A9os from the cutoff I raise pre and fire a raggedy flop and turn and finally get the older white lady to fold to one of my turn bets. Very next hand it's folded to me in the hijack and this time I have AT of spades. I raise and the BB (cute Asian girl, married, in her 30s, short hair, laggish) defends her blind. Flop comes Q44 with a couple spades. She checks, I bet, she calls. The turn is a jack of spades, giving me the nut flush and a Royal Flush draw. She checks, and I debate checking behind to go for the $200 Royal flush bonus just in case she folds, but then I decide to just bet and hope she raises me with a naked four. Instead she folds...whaa whaa...oh well. I'd rather not check behind, let the board become a disaster and force me to lose the hand.

After that I lost a few smallish pots, then lost a hand where I had AJ of hearts capped pre-flop three ways and missed my over/gutty combo...I just felt like I played that hand badly...I might come back and blog about that tomorrow. I'll save that hand and my QJ of spades where I suckout huge on the turn to win a good pot for tomorrow's blog. Right now I gotta go crash.

Final tally on the day:
4/8-Kill: +$160
15/30: +$390
4/8: -$120 (lol whoops)

Anyway, I should post the second part soon, so be on the lookout, thanks for reading.

6 comments:

Fender403 said...

Again, nice session.

I like the open w/ QJs, +1.

Nik Santi said...

Standard open. Hopefully you're doing the same...?

Fender403 said...

Yeah, if its QJos I fold.

Nik Santi said...

Why fold? I raise.

Fender403 said...

I don't know about how to play that hand. Isn't a little weak to play OOP?

Nik Santi said...

No one's raised yet...raising is fun...