Wednesday, July 2, 2008

15/30 at Cap...Round Two Part II

So yeah, God-mode. I picked up Aces twice, one hand I bet the river and didn't get called, the second one I flopped a boat vs an UTG limper and the small-blind (I was in the BB) and got looked up by A6 of clubs on a A88 flop blank blank board. Good times...comeback! *clap clap* comeback! *clap clap*

The next hand pretty much sealed the deal as I was dealt a couple black Queens UTG+2. I raise, get a couple callers behind me and one out of the blinds. We see a flop of QJJ rainbow. Ummmm...thanks? Checks to me, I bet, then prayed that someone would raise me. Instead the older Asian guy I told you about earlier (somewhat taggy) calls me. The turn is a great card...a nine of spades. Now there's a flush draw and a spade draw out. I bet, he raises, and I think for a second before three-betting. "please have QJ, please have QJ." He only calls the 3-bet and asks me "overpair?" I pretend not to hear him while also pretending to be interested in the river. The river is a two of spades.

I bet, Villain raises again (thank you Jesus), and I 3-bet. "Shit, pocket queens?! Dammit" as he folds his Ace-Ten of spades face up..."no point in calling you, I know you don't raise there without fullhouse"...damn, good read, but way too late. I already planned on not showing, but the guy, obv pissed at himself says, "you don't even have to show it, don't show" so I just left my cards face down and let the dealer scoop them into the muck after I raked in a sick pot. "Yeah I'm even now" I remember thinking to myself.

A couple more hands after that happened that I can't remember too well, both were some short-handed plays I made that got me up another stack, then yet another pair of aces I didn't have to show won me a smallish pot that put me at about +$200. Soon after a couple players left/busted, and the tags were left chopping the blinds up with one another. Jason said "man this game's no good now, time to go home" and I agreed with him. Turns out we got a couple new players, but they were unknowns at this point and I knew of at least four other good players at the table, so I just called it quits for the night. No point in grinding it out in a Tagfest, I told myself going into tonight that if the game wasn't good, I wasn't staying more than a few orbits to wait for it to get good again.

Some notes about the game:

- I really need to have good game selection and know when I should/should not sit down. There's a handful of guys on my list now (Wilson, Russ, Jason, Chris) that I feel like I can play against and not have it be a problem, but if there's a table of nothing but those guys, then obviously the game will not be profitable. Games like that end up as two to three handed flops and whoever gets luckiest (best cards, best cards hold, etc) will win...and everyone else will donate to the rake.

- I need to be more available during the weekend. The weekend seems to be the time where this game is the most profitable. Going on a Tuesday night was probably a bad idea in retrospect, but not really. I just need to know the crazier players will be out on Thursday - Saturday nights...

- NL players looking for some quick action before their seat opens up definitely need to be taken advantage of. They're calling raises and re-raises OOP with a WIDE range of shit hands, thinking they can outplay us lowly LHE players after the flop lol. Little do they know, the real players are in this 15/30 game, not the 50BBs shovefest they're used to.

- And one last note, playing a stake this high has really elevated my attention span. I know I should be concentrating all the time, but after a couple people came over and said hi to me that I normally would have probably seen first...I realized that maybe I need to pay attention more in my other games lol.

Anyway, that's all for now. I think I work the next five days, so updates may be scarce. Thanks for reading guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nik Santi is my hero.

Nik Santi said...

:h: Champ

Anonymous said...

thanks for writing dude, i really like your blog

Nik Santi said...

Thanks lloyd