Friday, July 25, 2008

A couple Extra from Wednesday Night (7/24)

Alright well like I said, I wanted to come back to this game and post some stuff I noticed. First off, a hand I remembered involving the maniac on my right (seat six) was just sick.

I can't remember the pre-flop action...probably raised pre-flop, but the flop was 345 with two clubs. Small blind was this older white guy in seat nine, he led out, raised by the pre-flop raiser who was seat five I believe (annoying Korean guy), seat six 3-bets, and the small blind capped.

Wow...right? The turn is a six (lol). So the board is 3456, small blind checks, OR bets, Maniac raises, Small-blind calls, OR just calls. Wow, looks like the maniac flopped a straight?

River pairs the board (five I believe). Small blind bets out, maniac starts talking about "ugh what a suckout", Korean dude calls, maniac calls.

Showdown:
Small blind has 33 for three full - nice hand
Korean guy has K2 of clubs (wtf? Nice raise pre)
Maniac has 78 for the turned nut straight (double wtf? Nice flop action?)

The maniac talks about the hand for awhile, and says "I knew if I hit that card I'd get paid off huge, I mean, look at that pot" and another gem "Man you sucked out on my hand, nice catch on the river...well, I got lucky on the turn I guess..."

lol...ya think? The maniac 3-bets a flop where he "knows" he's behind but he'll "get paid off huge" when he hits his gutterball that puts a four card straight out there? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. This is why I love live poker.

No comments: