Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friday Night 15/30 (8/8)

Sorry I'm so late with the blog. Anyway, for a few different reasons (health, work, being lazy, actually going out for once), I didn't play for a couple weeks. Anyway, I rolled in kinda late, maybe 11pm or so, still feeling beat up from allergies or whatever kind of cold I had that kicked my ass for two weeks. Basically my body was fine except for my nose and at times my head. Every time I'd step outside my nose would run and my head would feel like it was in a vice, followed immediately by sneezing and hawkkkkkkking. For two weeks I'd wake up with a completely clogged nose, a sore throat (from breathing through my mouth all night), and a decently sized headache. Fun stuff, I know.

Okay, no more bitching, I rolled up and noticed my table was noticeably stronger than normal, not a good thing I guess. Seat five was Wilson, seat six was Davin, and seat eight was Sing. The rest of the players I semi-recognized as lpp-ish, and one maniac asian guy a couple spots to my left. Not a terribly strong table, but a little tougher than normal.

So as has been the case, I folded for my first couple of orbits with zero playable hands. I'd get the occasional T8s or 97s, but with an EP raise from Sing or another tight player, I couldn't do much with either of those hands.

Finally I get a playable hand in the CO with two limpers (both passive players) in front of me. One is an Lpp-ish Asian guy (seat nine) and an older black man, turned out to be somewhat tight/passive in seat one. They both limp, I raise from seat two, BB defends. Flop comes AJT with two diamonds.

Kinda nasty, but whatever. Check, check, black guy donks, I raise, fold, call, call.

The turn is an ugly ugly card, a black King.

Check, check, I fire to defend against diamonds and rep AQ or something that has a straight now. Both call. Blech.

River pairs the jack, basically making my hand useless now. Check, check, I check behind and seat nine says "missed" and mucks his cards, seat one shows AK and takes down the pot. Wow, no raise pre? Oh well, now I know.

The rest of the session after that wasn't all that interesting. It was kind of frustrating, we were playing seven handed alot, and most of my raising hands were coming in EP. I'd raise 88 or 77, get a nasty flop, and have to bet/fold to a lot of action behind me. Most of the hands went to showdown and hands like QJ and KT were just outflopping me, nothing much I could do.

In the same regard, I'd pick up AA OTB or UTG and I'd raise and everyone would fold. Just awful awful timing. They'd call when I had 77 or they'd fold when I have aces. I didn't see AK, AQ, KK-99 at all...

The game ended up breaking kinda early (230am-ish), so I grabbed some food with the Superdonk, and bounced out as soon as he got a 4/8-Kill seat. I didn't feel much like trying to win back $300 at 4/8 after having a frustrating 15/30 session. I just wanted to go home and sleep.

This week I look to play two good sized sessions at the bare minimum, stay tuned for updates.

No comments: