Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friday Night 9/18 and 15/30 (8/15)

I ended up catching a 10pm showing of "Tropic Thunder," so obvioiusly I was a tad bit late getting to the cardroom for a session. I sat down at 9/18 pretty quickly, as I was first up on both the 9/18 and 15/30 lists. The 15/30 was in obv gamble-mode and I really wanted a seat, but I would end up being on the list for close to an hour before getting on.

I won a couple small pots at 9/18, mostly LP Blind steals, and then this hand came up. We're 6-handed, the table has died down considerably, and I was begging for a 15/30 seat to open. I raise in the CO with KJ, folds to the SB who 3-bets (uh oh) and everyone else folds, I call. We're HU to a flop of K96 rainbow.

The villain has been pretty tight so far, no real reads, but I'll generally respect a 3-bet out of the SB. He bet and I called. At this point I just wanted to showdown. I'm behind to AA-KK, AK, KQ and ahead of QQ-TT or any hands I want him bluffing with. I figured if I raise him I might lose him or he'll just re-pop me and I'd puke.

The turn paired the six, he bet again, and again I just called. Good card I figured, as it didn't change all that much...I wanted a King on the river or a baby card.

The river was a somewhat ugly Queen, the villain bet again, and at this point I figured I had to be beat, but of course called anyway. He showed pocket Queens and I just kinda smiled and mucked my cards. He said "you had a king didn't ya...sorry man, only way I can win is if I suck out." I kinda laughed it off and told him it was cool, he was ahead pre-flop and couldn't go anywhere. The table ended up breaking about an orbit after that and I was left waiting for the 15/30.

I got a seat for 15/30 about 20 mins and took the five seat (bleh). Wilson was in the six, this Asian dude wearing a hat that I kinda recognized was in the seven, Davin was in the eight, and the rest of the table were fairly donktastic. They were limping with some real junk, and I just remember hoping I could hit a big hand before all this money went away from the table.

I started off really slow, folding from the CO all the way to my blinds, playing those, and then folding some more. I think I lost my first three hands I opened and quickly found myself down a few stacks ($300). I rebought from seat seven who was leaving, and slid over into his seat. Wilson had also left, and the table was threatening to break. I got a couple hands to hold (JT of hearts on an 89T board, 9 on the turn, 3 on the river) and a small pot with AA (one raise pre, folded to a lady named Debra who called my raise all-in)...lame.

The game broke a little after that, and I cashed out down a couple hundred for the night (170 at 15/30, 35 or so at 9/18). I hung around the rail and watched the SD play for a little while and would have been open to playing a 4/8-Kill game, but after 20 mins on the list and still being a few names deep on the list, I decided to just bounce.

Slow night, but it was my fault for screwing around all day/night and showing up much too late. Maybe next week I can get my head out of my ass and actually go play, but to be honest, I'm having fun being on a semi-break from cards. It's August, it's hot out, poker will always be there, maybe at the moment having fun and being somewhat social is more important than the continuous grind that is LHE.

Sorry for the lack of playing/updates, if the motivation is there, I'll try and play/blog some more this weekend or later on next week. Thanks for reading guys.

No comments: