Friday, December 31, 2010

Three Tickets

So I don't know if I've mentioned this, but Capitol started a promotion with player's cards that give you $1 for every hour you play. It can be used towards food or even just cashed out (supposedly, I haven't tried yet nor has anyone else I've talked to). Oh, and there's also a drawing in February for a Ford Mustang, a handful of cash prizes, and a few different cruises. Not bad really, except for the fact that the way to get a ticket is to make a hand in the ring games of a fullhouse or better.

Any fullhouse? Seems easy enough right? Well I had played for something like 12 hours and had gotten one ticket. One. Quad sevens from a couple sessions ago and that was all (both cards have to play from your hand, so that might make it a little tougher). I even brought this up at lunch (Pho FTW) with Tony and Tommy, and they remarked "yeah but somehow you win giant pots with one pair." I guess it all evens out.

After lunch the three of us ventured over to Cap. There was an open seat at 6/12 so I jumped in. Unfortunately the table didn't look too appealing, as it had a few tighter players including one prop. Mehhhhh, let's see how bad the other players were. My first hand dealt in I get black tens in a killpot. I raised over a limper and we were heads up to a flop Q87 all clubs. Uh oh? The limper checked his cards again, then checked. I bet, he called. Club draw?

The turn brought out a red six, giving me a gutshot straight draw to go with my flush draw and pair of tens. Again the limper checked to me, I bet, and he called. The river was a red ten. This time the limper bet into me. Ughhh, a nine? Ace of clubs, nine whatever? I've never played with the man before and I'm not laying down a set heads up here so I called and he flipped over ace ten, no clubs. Okay...thanks?

A few orbits later I decided to cash out because the game was just awful. A few props and solid regs meant it was time for splitsville, I have no idea how the non-prop players could actually just sit there and chop the blinds/play heads up pots the entire time. The game is normally very good, but that would be two sessions in a row I felt that 6/12's game was not worth playing.

So I took about $140 in profit and moved on over to 4/8 and proceeded to get killed for awhile. This one particular guy in a light blue V-neck sweater had my number for a good while, but I ended up getting him back later on in the evening. Remember the tickets I told you about? Well my fist one of the night came when I flopped a set of twos against V-necks' KT on a T52 all heart board (he had the king of hearts in his hand). I led the flop and somehow V-neck didn't raise until the turn brought out another ten, giving me a fullhouse. I led the turn, he raised, I three bet and he only called me down. Ship the pot and one ticket.

Ticket two came when I had 44 in the BB against a couple of limpers and a small blind. The flop came out KK3, I led the flop and was called by one loose player in position. The turn brought out another king so again I bet, but this time he folded. I showed my fullhouse and collected yet another ticket.

A couple hands later I had 97 suited in LP and limped behind a few limpers, the flop came out A97 rainbow. Hoorah? V-neck led into the field from UTG (seat eight), called in one spot, I raised from the four seat, all folded except V-neck and the one caller in between us.

The turn was a six, and both players check/called my bet. The river brought out a nine. Boom. Checked to me, I bet, and then seat eight angrily started saying "ugh my hand is killed." Hmmm, did I suck out against A7? But he didn't re-raise me on the flop...Turned out he had aces up on the turn when the six came, and I needed to hit my nine or seven on the river. Weeee three tickets in a matter of a few orbits, when it took me FOR-EV-ER to get one. Thanks for reading, and hopefully at least a couple people will get that reference.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

FOR. EV. ER.

Fender403 said...

Squints married Wendy Peffercorn, they have 9 kids.

As for Benny the Jet...