Friday, December 3, 2010

Back to the Grind

Ahhh coming off a six rack day, what's the worst that can happen? Well, I'll tell ya, not much at first. I came back and was hotter than ever. AK of hearts limped in a spot, I raise, BB calls and the limper calls. I bet the flop and the turn on a ragged board, they both call. I check back the river and AK is good. Next hand I open AJ after a limper, cold called by the button, BB and the limper. Same thing, bet flop, two callers. Bet turn, two callers. Check back river, my hand was good.

Wowww...godmode still engaged. Tony showed up and sat in the nine seat, by the way I was in the six. One hand he observed me play was KTos on the button vs a limper.

A player in seat four limped in (he had been playing pretty loose, open limping as he pleased) so I decided to iso-raise him from the button. Clark, sitting in seat seven in the small blind cold called my raise, the BB folded and the limper called.

Three to the flop of T85 with the eight and five being diamonds. Clark had actually been playing somewhat passive to this point, so it concerned me when he donk bet into me and the limper called. Hmmmm, I guess Clark would coldcall AT here and then bet to "see where he's at." He's an older guy and hey, he actually owns the cardroom I'm playing at. I decide he's donking a flush draw and an open ended straight draw here a good chunk of the time so I raised, Clark called and then the limper called.

The turn brought out a seven on hearts. Checked to me, I bet, both call. The river pairs the seven, no diamond. Checked to me, I think for a split second about checking back scared of AT, then I remember that I have top pair king kicker and value betting is awesome. I bet, Clark says he missed and folds then the limper shows me 89 of diamonds for a HUGE draw. He says there's no way I raise the flop unless I have him beat with AK of diamonds being the exception, therefore he could only beat one of my hands (I'd raise a naked AK here sometimes to be honest, especially if I have the ace of diamonds, but in this case he's right). He ended up folding and I won a nice pot.

I eventually got moved to the main game which was a tad bit nittier, yada yada, I was up around a rack and a half at one point during the session (+$300) but ended up cashing out and grabbing dinner with Tony after about a $160 win. Set of twos lost in a killpot to a turned straight. It seemed like that hand was the hand that sent me into a Talespin. That'll end the first chapter...

Unfortunately, part two is going to SUCK. I swing from a decent win down to losing $230...for the day...weeeeeee $400 downswing for the fucking loss.

A couple fun hands to look for are AK losing to AJ in a killpot, capped pre-flop, capped flop, rivered three outer to the table drunk maniac. AK also flopped TPTK vs a guy looking for a gutterball in a killpot...instead he goes running trips. UGH.

In fact you know what, you won't get a part two, these cliff notes will have to do. I had planned on going home since I wasn't feeling well, but my headache was gone after dinner and my table looked good. Oh well, that's poker, you can't run hot forever. We're back to the grind my friends, and on that note, man do I miss Alice in Chains.

4 comments:

Fender403 said...

Alice in Chains - "Dam That River." would work here as well :-).

I have a feeling the running trips when looking for a gutterball was nuts.

The first hand w/ TPTK, how did the turn action go?

Sick swings man.

Nik Santi said...

Bet/call. River was the J I bet/called a raise

:puke:

Kenny said...

T85 with 85 of diamonds, villain shows 89dd... slight problem there

Nik Santi said...

good catch...live HHs gimme a break ;)