Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Couple Messy Sessions (Part II: Saturday)

Told you not to hold your breath, man I'm updating this almost a week late. Sorry about that, but like I mentioned, shit was going to be hectic this week. So 6/12 with Tony, Wayne, and Davin went alright. Early on in the session I had a rough patch, mostly against a spewy guy in seat nine who I just couldn't hold against. I was in the game for $700 (three and a half racks) by the time all was said and done.

A few fun hands occurred when I got back from a quick bite to eat with Tommy and sat down on Davin's left. I think this was the first I had seen of Davin, so I posted my missed blinds in the cutoff and Davin raised directly to my right. I looked down on a couple red Queens and three bet. Folded around to seat nine who called and Davin who also called.

The flop came out ace high unfortunately, something like AT3. Seat nine donked the flop, Davin called, and I raised. Both called and we saw a deuce turn. Checked to me, and I opted to check it back. The river was a four and seat nine looked like he was going to bet out, then decided to check. Davin said something to the extent of "man don't call me, I don't want to turn my cards up" and bet $12 into the pot. I had planned on calling a river bet from seat nine, but Davin's hand sounded like a set or a straight. I folded and seat nine looked up Davin who had pocket fives for the rivered straight. Seat nine flashed an ace for what it's worth.

The very next hand I picked up Kings and three bet Davin again. "Will you be doing this the entire time?" he asked me. I jokingly snapped back "hey it hasn't worked yet, don't be mad, you won a pot last time." This time there was maybe four or five other people in the hand, and we saw a flop five or six ways for three bets a piece. The flop was something like Jack high with a couple clubs. Checked to me in the hijack, I bet, I got like three or four callers, and Davin said something like "wow I wish I had AT of clubs here" then folded.

The turn was a blank, I bet and was called by a couple more people. The river was an ace...not the prettiest card in the deck, but it wasn't a club and the action ended up getting checked to me. I was in position and figured if someone made aces up they would have bet into me, and while there's a chance the nutflush draw just made top pair, I had to value bet my hand. I opted to bet and only seat nine called me. I showed kings and he mucked his hand, likely a jack that couldn't make two pair.

Sometime a bit later I won another big pot, this time with AJ of hearts against QQ. I raised UTG, a LPP player three bet me, Davin defended his BB and I called. The flop was KQx, I check called a flop bet three ways, then spiked broadway on the turn. Davin checked, I checked, and the lady bet out. Davin tank/folded (I really wanted a call obviously), then I raised. The lady must have known for a fact I had a straight and not two pair, because she only called with her middle set The river blanked out and I had a decent comeback after being close to down $400 for the session at one point. In the end I think I lost a little over $100, not bad considering things had started off very bleak.

Stay tuned, I had a quick session tonight (Thursday) with Tony playing 6/12, and I even had a brief flirtation with the high hand board. First I have to thank him for a couple awesome Xmas presents, as he was my Secret Santa this year (awwww <3 bff). He got me the newest add-on to Red Dead Redemption for when I feel like mindlessly killing Zombies and a 12-pack of my favorite beer. Thanks pal! Oh, I'll also include the gift I gave, a Jets throwback Darrelle Revis jersey for my friend Kenny. I know it's a mirror at work, but maybe I should have shipped some windex along with the jersey haha.





1 comment:

Kenny said...

I cleaned the mirror btw lol