Thursday, April 2, 2009

You Asked for it...

What's up boys? Alright well last night marked the first time I've played live in over two months...just haven't had the time. I had checked in at Cap a couple times since my last session (actually didn't blog about it suprisingly, but I made something like $550 playing 4/8-Kill over six hours. Here's an excerpt I wrote at a poker forum not to be named on January 27th

"So long story short, I work graveyard and usually on my last day of work I stay up as long as possible and try to get back on a normal sleep pattern...instead yesterday I crashed and woke up 11pm and had nothing much to do on a Monday night.

So I went to play cards, knowing full well the best game I'd be able to find would be a 4/8-Kill game and Capitol where they don't make the winner of the kill pot post a kill blind (weaksauce)...

Six hours later, I cashed out +$550 and remembered what it was like to run like a god again

Weeeeee."


Last night/this morning went just as well...played a little 6/12 early on and was having a rollercoaster of a night early. Quick rundown of the table looked like this: Seat 1 was Connie (laggy middle aged asian lady), seat 2 was an old LPP white guy, seat 4 was a lppish asian chick running like god, seat 5 was a whiney middle aged white dude named Steve, Seat 6 was another 30 year old asian girl running like god, seat 8 was me, and seat 9 was a taggy asian kid...all the other seats were filled but they didn't matter much.

The night started off pretty well with AQ soooooted and A8 sooted both flopping two pair. The first hand (AQ diamonds) was open-limped by seat two, folded to seat 6 who raised OTB, I 3-bet, call, call. Like I said flopped two pair. Bet to the river.

A8 of clubs was also in the BB, raised somewhere early, called in a few spots and I defended. CR flop, bet to the river. These two hands may have helped me semi-fluff later with a couple flush draws...I found myself flopping pretty hard out of the BB with decent connected cards and just found ways to either hit my draws or semi-bluff my way to victory.

I did mention a rollercoast though right? All my big hands were getting destroyed, which is to be expected I guess. AQ sooooted again in a kill pot, I raise and get a few callers...flop comes Q-high and I end up getting rivered by 88 (rivered set). That was pretty burtal and cost me a lot of chips. Later on KK flopped middle set and got runner-runnered...incredibly brutal hand.

So I get KK somewhere early, I think UTG+1. I raise, Connie in seat 1 calls, called in two other spots. Whiney Steve 3-bets out of the small blind, called by the BB, I cap...monster pot heading to the flop of AK9 rainbow. Top set woulda been nice, especially since small blinds aren't too aggro live, I was definitely thinking about him having AA...

He bets, one fold, I raise, Connie calls with J9 of diamonds...bottom pair, one diamond the board. First off, wow wtf? It's capped pre-flop, so yeah, huge pot, but there's an ace and a king on the board...your outs consist of maybe a nine (AA and KK are super likely) and your backdoor J-high flush. Anyway whatever, she calls and Steve calls. Turns a diamond, check, I bet, two calls. River is another baby diamond, so the board is something like AK942 with running diamonds...I like it a lot. I bet though, she raises, Steve curses alot and folds, and I just call to see the bad news. So gross.

It's okay though, two hands later I won a monster pot with 33, got four bets in on the flop against four players and two bets in on the turn against three players...I think someone flopped top pair and then made two pair on the turn...thankfully the river bricked out.

So 6/12 ran for about two hours, made a rack ($200) and after that I played 4/8-kill for the rest of the night. That was an even bigger rollercoast, but I made about $220 there, not counting the money I dropped on meals and sodas which I paid for out of my stack the entire night.

Fun night, was good to be back grinding it out with the same ol' degens I always see at Cap...hopefully my next sessions comes sooner than later. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Fender403 said...

Good work Bro. Great session.

That AQ hand was just brutal as the J9 running diamonds hand.

Way to run goooooot!!

Nik Santi said...

Oh and I two-outed some monkey at 4/8...he defended out of the BB with 84os against my raise and button's re-raise (I later capped) and flopped trips...I had TT. Flop = 544

Turn = 10

Boom haha.

NYRambler said...

We can stop bumping that thread now. :)

Nik Santi said...

That's the real reason I went to play last night ;-)

Unknown said...

Boom. Outta here.