Friday, April 10, 2009

More 6/12 Capitol ~Fun

Alright so since I last blogged about the pokers I had a sweet little 6/12-Kill and 4/8-Kill session where I came up like $400 or so. Unfortunately I played a smaller two hour session last Thursday (games died a little quickly) where I broke almost even (down about 20 bucks) and then Wednesday night I lost about $80 at 6/12 spaced out over like seven hours.

Kinda depressing to play for so many hours just to lose $80, but I guess things could have been worse. But anyway enough whining, here was my day.

I worked Tuesday night into Wednesday, so I was up at about 9:00pm on Tuesday night. Took a shower, grabbed a bite to eat, then worked until 7:30am Wednesday morning. I still like working graves...I only have to put up with customers for an hour and a half, but even then I'm usually done with my work for the night and am hiding in the back of the store lol. Time goes by so much faster on graves. After that I hung around all morning, then grabbed some pho at around 2:00pm with my boss George and my buddy the Superdonk. After that I rolled on over to Cap and the SD would join me around 6:00pm or so.

When I got to Cap, the place had a couple 6/12 games going, as well as some 4/8 and NL. Since the list was small and there were two tables running, I got right into a game. The first table was actually kinda tough, especially compared to the last couple 6/12 sessions I had played in. This table included a couple nittier older players (I guess I wasn't used to these types of players since I usually play at night and here it was 3:30 in the afternoon), and also included Davin and Wilson from my 15/30 sessions last summer.

Davin was straddling Wilson's BB and Wilson was raising Davin's BB every orbit, so they eventually loosened the table up pretty good. I was up close to a rack after playing this table, with hands I can't really remember...I'm awesome at this blogging shit I know.

I moved to the main 6/12 game after a couple hours at the outer 6/12 game and was quickly thrown into the fire. My first couple hands were AQ, I won a big pot with TPTK on one and then lost a big pot with top two a couple hands later. Two people rivered trips against me khxjknerlnlernfls.

After that I ran kinda slow, went down a little here, down a little there...the table was great in terms of action and awful players, I just couldn't get the right cards to showdown. Later on in the night was where a majority of my big hands took place. This asian-ish dude ended up sitting down in seat four (I was in the two seat) and just started 3-betting me without letting up.

I didn't mind at first because I was getting the best of him, but it just seemed like we traded money back and forth the entire night, with him eventually getting the best of me. He wasn't three-betting junk either, a lot of times he had AK-AQ or pairs...and depending on whose turn it was to win the hand, we were usually either way ahead/behind each other.

One hand that sticks out in my head is a Kill pot where I have Tens. Seat four had been really, really hot for the last couple orbits, up about two racks and the hand right before this he flopped a set of nines against pocket kings. He made it a kill pot...

So I get a limper in front of me, I raise with TT, he 3-bets, a complete monkey who has been killing me all night with awful draws calls out of seat nine, and then seat one who had limped in front of me also calls. I cap because one TT is a great hand and should be capped and two I was almost positive there was no way seat four had yet another big hand.

The flop comes 882 with two diamonds. Seat nine checks, seat one checks, I bet, seat four raises, seat nine calls, seat one folds, and I opt to just call because I'm actually scared of an overpair now. Seat four had been getting froggy pre-flop all night, but his flop raises (especially in kill pots) usually spelled out big hands. The turn was an off-suit three. Seat nine checked, I thought really hard about betting, but at this point I just wanted to showdown because I had no idea where I was. Seat four also checked...wtf? Dammit, I just gave AK or AQ of diamonds a free look at the river...

The river was a black seven so the board is 87322 and the turn checked through...I'm incredibly confident in my hand at this point. Seat nine checks, and I opt to bet, maybe getting value out of 99 or a smaller PP. Seat four looks at me and say "you can bet? ugh okay I call" and then seat nine folds...seat four shows Queens and I feel like I've been punched in the stomach yet again...blahhhhh.

Not much more exciting hands than that...I plan on playing a couple times next week, maybe one more time before I go to work Saturday night, but I think I'm going to be busy the next couple of days so I doubt it.

Thanks for reading

No comments: