Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another Fun Night at 6/12

4/8K: +40
6/12K: +240


Had a pretty good day I guess, was up almost $400 at one point at 6/12, but oh well, that's how it goes sometimes.

Toward the end of my session I lost with Kings twice, one of them being a kill pot, so that was one of the reasons I shipped back a rack of $2 chips toward the end of my session.

Here's one big hand I'll talk about...I plan on being lazy tomorrow and not doing anything all day, so look for me to update this entry a little more in depth. Tony, if you read this, let's shoot for Mongo around 1pm-ish...it's almost 5am and I still have to crash.

Okay so here was my favorite hand of the night. Pre-flop limped in like 5 spots (not joking), small blind has been a maniac and he raises. I look down at 55 and call. Gets around to button who 3-bets and then SB caps. I call and pray for a five.

Flop: 654 rainbow

Weeeeeeee

I check, Connie (seat 3, I'm in seat 2) bets, it gets raised, cold-called, 3-bet all-in and folded back to me so I cap. Pretty awesome I check/capped the flop...I was planning to CR the entire time.

Turn: 6

Boom (I hope). I bet, called in two spots

River: 3

I bet, called in two spots

I showed my boat and was obv good. Connie showed 77 for the rivered straight and the guy who 3-bet all-in actually rivered a smaller boat (he had 33). Huge pot, it was well over a rack ($200) in profit.


Ahhhh fuck it, one more hand:

Limped in four spots, small blind completes, I look down at KQ of clubs and decide to raise and build a pot. 6 players to the flop of: AT4 with the Ace of clubs on board.

I had a backdoor flush-draw and a gutty, not the greatest draw buuuut...My whole plan here initially was to raise pre-flop for value, and then check any really ragged flops. Well I saw the ace on the board, decided I had a fairly tight image, so thought I could fire the flop, see how many callers I got behind me, and then maybe fire a good turn (one I could semi-bluff with). A lot of players only raise pre out of the BB with very premium holdings...

The plan backfired though as I was called in three spots lol. But hey, Santi runs gooooot right? Of course I do.

Turn: J

I bet, get called in two spots.

River: 8

I bet, get one caller and show her the nuts. I got a pretty disgusted look from the asian girl I turned (guess she had a weak ace) and then got some chatter on the table about my hand. Apparently no one put me on KQ there haha. If anything, I'll take being lucky and showing that hand down. Not only because it was a good pot, but it gives me the image of an aggro donkey (possibly deservedly so).

Thanks for reading, check back later, I might have more.

4 comments:

Fender403 said...

That KQ of Clubs hands was pretty sweet.

What did you have that hand where "Maj" rivered broadway on you? That was a weird hand.

Nik Santi said...

I had KQ. Flop was Q-high, Check/bet/call. Turn was a ten. Check/bet/call. River was a king giving me top2. Check/bet/raise/call. Sick river, didn't need the King thanks

Unknown said...

Santi owns my face!

SuperDonk said...

Santi rules!