Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wednesday Night 15/30 (9/10) Cont..

Okay so I won a couple hands out of the blinds over the course of an hour or so, before I decide to limp behind with 87 of diamonds from the button with a few limpers in front of me...flop is J88. Checks to me and I stab at it, praying someone would think I was full of shit. I get called by an UTG limper and everyone else folds. The turn is a blank and UTG check/folds to my bet. Oh well, I still won a nice little pot from all those limpers...

The next big pot I won was JT of diamonds from the cutoff. Limped in a couple spots, I raised, folds around to the BB who calls, limpers call.

Flop: J84 with one diamond

BB checked, EP limper checked, MP limper named Bill (plays kinda odd) bet out into me, I raised, BB folded, EP limper called (odd), and Bill called. The turn was a deuce of hearts, completing the rainbow on the board. EP checked again, Bill checked, I bet, EP and Bill both called. The river paired the eight...kinda ugly. EP checked and this time Bill bet out into me. Ugh, so lame if he has the eight here, but I call obv because this is limit and what's that? Yeah, big folds are ghey in limit. EP folded and I said "nice hand"...Bill shook his head and turned over pocket sixes and said "nah your hand is good, was hoping you had AK." Phew.

So that was a healthy pot and finally I broke out over my break-even chipstack. A couple more interesting hands popped up, one where I flopped a set in a raised pot and got rivered by a King-high flush (lost a lot of chips) but then gained them back with a couple big hands (AK flopped a King and JJ held). Those two hands probably helped set me up for this hand.

We were maybe seven or eight-handed at this point as people had been getting up for smoke breaks or bathroom breaks, w/e, and I looked down at AJ of clubs UTG+1. UTG folded, I raised from the nine seat, and then got called by seats one, two and four as well as the SB in seat five and the BB in seat six. Jeeeeez...huge pot already.

The flop was disgustingly ugly...334 rainbow. "Wow...maybe no one caught a piece of that..." I thought to myself. Checks to me, I bet, called by seats one and two (which basically meant nothing, they had been floating with crap all day) and after those calls everyone else folded. Wow...I might have a shot at taking this one down...

During this time seat six had started talking and saying "I'm gonna lay my cards down to you man, you've been too hot, I don't think I'm good." I was hoping people would listen to him and maybe give me credit for a monster hand.

The turn was another low card, a six or a seven. I fired again, this time seat one folded and seat two called. Meh...at this point I figured I was getting looked up by a midpair. I've played with this guy before, older white guy named Fred, and I knew he was going to look up my river bet unless he had a missed draw that I beat anyway. The river was an ugly ugly card, a five I think. The board was now 33457...so a six would have made a straight.

I gave a bit of a stutterstep move, like I was going to bet and now just opted to check because the board was ugly...basically trying to spell out I had a monster but was afraid of the straight. Fwiw, I was check/calling the river for this massive pot, even though I was pretty sure Fred wouldn't bet the river without a hand that beat me. He checked behind and I said "I only have ace high" and turned my cards over. Immediately seat six started saying "nooo, I had the best hand, you got a lot of heart man" as he laughed and Fred looked at his cards and said "I can't beat that" and looked at his cards some more...he was obviously angry at himself for not putting a raise in somewhere or maybe a bet on the river during the hand (even though I would have called a river bet, he doesn't know that). So after several seconds of looking at his cards he finally mucked his hand and I raked in a sick sick pot with AJ-high.

So after that I was up a rack or so and picked up AA out of the BB about an orbit later. Three limpers, I raised, all called to see a semi ugly flop of KJ6. I bet, two callers. The turn was another baby card, something like a four. I bet, only one caller. The river was an ace...only QT beat me at this point. Bet/call and my opponent sheepishly mucked his cards. "Overkill" he said jokingly.

At this point I was up close to $800 and seriously wondering if I could maintain this kind of a rush...I had been slow early on, but I didn't expect to get this hot. Anyway, here's that three hand stretch of cards I was talking about...

So maybe a few hands later I get dealt aces yet again. Limped in a couple spots, I raise, the blinds and two limpers look me up. The flop is 853 rainbow. Checks to me and I bet, a laggy guy in seat three raises, I 3-bet and he caps OOP. Wow...that good? He had been pretty aggro since he sat down a few orbits ago, but for him to be able to cap OOP I figured he must be pretty strong. The turn was a nine, so I remember thinking if he was open-ended then he got there. He continued to fire, so I decided to go into call down mode. The river was a ten, not pairing a card like I wanted, so it went bet/call. Sure enough the villain turned over 76 and had gotten there on the turn...oh well, no biggie, I had been running out.

Very next hand I get dealt QQ, folded to me, and I raise. Unfortunately it folds to the BB (wtf, shouldn't they think I'm steaming?!), BB 3-bets (woohoo), and I only call (to disguise my hand). The flop is kinda bleh, KT4 with a couple of spades. He bets, I raise, he disgustedly calls. The turn is a jack...he checks, I bet, and he raises before I can finish my bet...I call. The river misses my OESD, he bets, I call and he shows a turned set of Jacks. Dammit!

Wow, at this point I'm now only +$500, sick turn of events. The very next hand (I kid you not) I get pocket tens...raise...get three callers behind me and the BB also calls. I started thinking about how sick it would be if I flop a set or an overpair and still lose...

Sure enough, the flop is AT8 with two diamonds. "omg if I lose this hand I'm gonna flip..." Checks to me and I bet, get one caller only.

The turn is an eight. Checks to me, I bet, and my opponent folded. Wow...sick that I got no action when it should look like I'm on ridiculous tiltbox mode...oh well haha.

A few more orbits go by and eventually all of the LPPs start leaving and start getting replaced with semi-solid players, so I decided to bounce out and grab some food. I plan on playing some tomorrow, so look for some updates from me this weekend. Thanks again for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

live poker players blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Shabba

NYRambler said...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!