Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thursday Night Poker Action (9/18) II

Ahh I missed 4/8, it was such a beautiful table last night. Call. Call. Call. Check. Call. Call. Call. Wonderful indeed. I folded a lot (obv), but then picked up this hand out of the BB.

If you read back a few entries, I talked about a hand where I flopped the nutflush out of the BB with A6 of diamonds, and I said I wanted to work on raising in that spot against a ton of limpers because we have a good equity advantage (Ax-suited). If I miss, I can check/fold and not have it be a big deal. So I was dealt A5 of clubs, raised after five callers limped, someone re-raised all-in for like two more chips, so everyone called that too...$10 x 6 players to the flop of 863 with two clubs.

I bet out, got three callers...turn was another eight, but the eight of clubs. I bet, kinda expecting to get raised (and wondering if anyone boated up...doubtful), but only got two callers. The river was a blank, I bet, all folded. I showed my nutflush and the all-in player showed her QJ of clubs with a big "awwwwwww" :(

There was another really big hand where I flopped a set of five out of the SB against a guy trying to get all-in. The flop was KQ5, turn was a six and the river was a jack...anyway I held and won another sizeable pot. Aside from those two hands, I can't really remember any other hands I won at 4/8...

9/18 was a good mix of bad players and some regs who are decent. There was a stretch where I raised with AA, won that pot, raised the very next hand with AQ of spades, flopped the nutflush, and then the very next hand after picked up Aces again. Craziness...this of course was after folding for my first few orbits at the table. I had actually seat changed from seat five (middle of the table...yuck) to seat one because I absolutely hate the middle of the table. No superstitions, just fat kid claustrophobia and feeling like I'm "in the spotlight." One player commented "seat change means new gear?" to which I laughed off and said "we'll see."

The second Aces hand was a bit strange as I raised from UTG, a guy named Dale in seat four (typical LPP) called, folded around to Sam in the BB who defended. Bummer...third hand I've raised in a row and no one wants to three-bet me when I have the nuts pre.

The flop was pretty good looking, 973 with two hearts, and I had the Ace of hearts in my hand. Sam bets out, I raise, Dale 3-bets (yikes), Sam caps and we all call...Hmm, what did I get myself into here? Sam, while mixes in his aggression well at times, has played with me a lot and would almost definitely put me on an overpair here...and Dale is as stationy as they come...

The turn is a blank ten, Sam bets out and I decide to just call. I was pretty sure he didn't have anything less than two pair here. Dale calls behind me and we see a turn of a three of hearts, pairing the board while also completing the flush. Sam seems unphased and bets out, I call, Dale calls.

Sam showed 77 for sevens full, Dale then shows the other two aces in the deck...lol. Wow, I usually muck my hand in this spot, especially since there's no reward for getting your aces cracked at the moment (usually it's $35), so I laughed and showed them the other two aces. "Sorry Sam I have quads" I remember saying as I threw my aces toward Dale's... :-)

After that a lot of hands are hazy...and like I said I ended up taking off to the Omaha game at the Derby. When I first sat down I bought in for a couple racks of $1 chips at 5/10 O8 with an option for a $20 bet on the river (sounds fun). One of the first hands I sat down I was dealt A34K with the ace-suited. I think just about everyone limped in, one guy out of the blinds raised (everyone called), and the flop was 982 and I was left in the middle of two guys raising each other and a bunch of callers. Weeeeee, fireworks already. The turn blanked out and it went bet/call/call, but the river I hit my four and had the nut low. I check/called a $20 bet from this Asian guy (played every single hand the entire time I was there, he may have folded three hands the entire night). Turns out the raiser out of the blinds couldn't beat either the high hand or my nut low, so me and the asian guy chopped the pot. It was a good pot...

After that a few hands later I played AKQ2 (double suited) from lp after a ton of limpers and raised. The flop was J93 rainbow with one of my suits backdoor. Some guy in EP bet out, and a few people called, I called.

The turn brought a 10 of clubs which gave me the nuts on a rainbow board, no low draw. Basically I had to dodge pairing the board and I'd have the nuts. EP bet out again, two callers, I raised, three calls. The river blanked out with a four or something...checked to me, I bet $20, everyone folded. Weeeeeeeeeee up $140 almost immediately.

Unfortunately after that I folded for-ev-er and was left watching a bunch of old men donk off tons of chips. Seriously, the next youngest guy at the table was probably 45 years old (not exagerating), but everyone played awful. The Asian guy to my left said he dropped $1400 for the night, and I believe him. He played every single hand, went to the river almost every single hand, and was looking people up with hands like bottom two pair. Wowwwwwww. <3 Live O8

Okay well that's all for now, look for some updates sometime tomorrow, I plan on playing today.

5 comments:

Nik Santi said...

wtf are you talking about? I update soooooo much more than you

Fender403 said...

Obv, LOL.

Jk, in good fun friend.

Did some blog re-arranging. I think you will enjoy it.

Did you get in some more O8?

Nik Santi said...

Negative sir

NYRambler said...

I'm trying to figure out the chip denominations you use...

Orange $1 chips for 4/8 and Purple $3 chips for 9/18?

Must be a west coast thing...

BTW thx for adding me to blogroll :)

Nik Santi said...

Yes sir, $1 chips (orange) for the 4/8 games, $3 chips (purple) for the 9/18, and $5 chips (yellow) for the 15/30

No problem about the blogroll, sorry for not updating it sooner