Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Session No. 64 Capitol Tues Night (12/11)

TP = +$70 TSP = 4 hours???

Alright well this really was a fun night. After eating some Vietnamese food (Pho!) with Tony and the Superdonk, we decided to check out Capitol and play some 4/8 kill together.

First I sat in a regular 4/8 game waiting for the kill table. I played one hand in three orbits. I ran a turned straight with a re-draw to an open-ended straight-flush draw into a rivered fullhouse...yeah that sucked.

So I finally move over to Tony's 4/8-kill table and am dealt QJ of clubs somewhere in late position. It was probably my second hand at the table, there were a ton of limpers, and I guess I probably should of raised but I didn't. Anyway, we're five or six handed to a flop of...

7:c:9:s:T:c:

Holy God I have an open-ended straight draw, Q-high flush draw, and two overs. Tony who's in the small blinds leads out, gets a few callers, I raise, Tony 3-bets, callers call again, I cap...people call.

Turn: Q:s:

Yay...now I have top-pair. Tony checked, checks to me, I bet, Tony calls, and we get a couple of callers behind him...

River: A:s:

:puke: So lame...checked to me and I check behind expecting to see some A-rag crap take it down. Instead I see Tony with 97os for a flopped two pair (nh) and muck my cards. Boooooo terrible start. Tony said I was about 55/45 against him...I thought it was more like 50/50...I just looked it up and it was 52/48 in favor of me. Oh well, those other players must have had some of my outs considering half of the deck was probably good for me haha...

So I can't really remember much about the rest of the night other than the fact that we were all sitting in a row having fun and the other two were winning while I was about even or stuck most of the night. Eventually people accused us of playing too tight, but that didn't really keep us from getting our hands called down with crap and making more money. So yeah, it was all cool until I looked down at the dreaded 72os UTG.

So Tony likes watching High Stakes Poker (and I pretty much assume anyone who likes poker watches this show because it's awesome). So he had this brilliant idea last time for us to play the 72os game amongst each other for $5 a piece. I was dealt 72 once last session and won with it, so this time we played again, with an extra player so that the big prize was $10 at the end of a hand you win with 72.

Anyway, I get dealt 72os UTG and decide to raise. I had been card dead/quiet for the last few orbits, and the hands had just folded around a couple times, so it seemed as though everyone was getting into passive mode. I could steal the blinds and then get $10...until it got called by two people, 3-bet, and then capped behind me. Oh shit wtf...call?

So I call and am hating life at this point because I'm throwing away $16 to play some stupid game that will only win me $10 added onto the pot when suddenly I see a 2:c: in the window. "Sweet...now maybe I can draw to one mor--" All of a sudden I see a two of diamonds next to the two of clubs, and then a nine of clubs. So so sick. The BB is all-in at this point so I bet out...no way in hell the donk who 3-bet me puts me on a deuce here. Older asian lady calling station calls, donk raises, I 3-bet, lady calls, donk caps as I mutter "what did I get myself into???"

Turn is a Queen of spades. I was already afraid of this guy having 99, and now QQ is def another possibility for his hand. I bet out, lady folds, and the donk calls for his last $7. Everyone is all-in so I show them a deuce. The river is a blank and the players look angry...so that has to be a good sign. They say "that's good but what's your kicker?" and I hurriedly oblige and show my 7-kicker. Tony and the Superdonk are going nuts and I tell them to hurry up and give me my $5!!! :) Ahhh 2 for 2 with the 72...

Of course, after the hand was over I basically said this game was uber-retarded for at least a few reasons...

1. We're playing a limit game.
2. It's a 4/8 limit game and...
3. We're playing at Capitol :)

Whatever, I run goooooooooot. After this my table image was complete garbage and I got paid off nicely when I flopped top two with Ak and won a few other pots with some premium hands. Tony and the Superdonk came up even more than I did and I think we ended up combining for 5 racks of profit against the table...not bad for a few 4/8 TAGs.

Anyway, sorry again for the lack of updates and hopefully I can make some more fun posts like this in the future. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Fender403 said...

"Q High, Send it!!!" - Older Asian Lady (calling station).

GG, 72. Santi is batting 1.000!!!