Friday, October 26, 2007

Session No. 57 Capitol Thurs Night (10/25) Part II

Ahh...so yeah, I've neglected my blog yet again, and forgot to talk about the "7-2 game" I played with Tony. Being avid fans of the poker TV show, High Stakes Poker, Tony asked me if I wanted to play the 7-2 game. Basically if you win a hand against the table with the cards "7-2," you win an additional $5 from every player at the table. Unfortunately, everyone else at the table hated us, so we just played the game amongst ourselves.

Anyway, a few hours go by and I don't remember seeing a seven-deuce hand at all. I had been averaging one huge pot every hour or so...and not much else...so I was a bit antsy at this point. I looked down at 72 of hearts, and decided what the hell, if it gets limped in, I might limp behind. Unfortunately, Tony open-raises from UTG...

I decide, "fuck it" and call his raise. In retrospect, I guess I should have 3-Bet it (lol), but in reality I wanted to represent a small pair and maybe raise him off a hand if all unders come (and he hopeuflly has AK). One player behind me calls and then the sick asian gambler (old Asian lady) in seat 1 defends her BB.

Flop: K:c:T:s:7:d:

I remember hating the King on the flop...and I decided I'd only call one more bet and pray for a seven. Checks to Tony who bets, I call, one fold, and the SAG calls.

Turn: 2:s:

Booooom!!! Hopefully I'm good...checks to Tony, he bets, I raise, SAG calls (crap), and then Tony looks like he's getting ready to 3-Bet, but only just calls. I pretty much decide I'm going to check behind the river if the board gets any uglier...

River: 8:d:

Meh...ugly enough. Checks to me, and I check behind and tell Tony to get my $5 ready. My hand holds and I win the pot and the sweet sweet $5 yellow chip from Tony. He gives me some lip and we have fun badgering each other back and forth for a bit, but hey, it was his idea. :)

The next night I played Cache for four hours and lost $20. I started off running pretty well, but found myself netting another losing session there. Oh well...life goes on.

1 comment:

Nik Santi said...

Oh yeah...Tony had AK of spades that hand...

I run gooooooooooooot!!!